What's new
What's new

Mitsubishi EDM M672 UV ORIGIN NOT SET ERROR

Mclark23

Plastic
Hello all,
I am new to this forum and am not a trained machinist. Our company has just purchased a Mitsubishi wire EDM. My coworker at one point was a CNC machinist. We had received some training from the install tech but our training session was cut short. After the tech left, we wanted to do some more practice cuts. When we went to do an edge pickup we had a M672 UV ORIGIN NOT SET ERROR message. There wasn't any information about the error from the controller either. Any suggestions?

No idea if it's the same, but on my Fanuc Tapecut, U & V are the upper wire guide axis used for making tapered cuts. All axis (X Y U V) have to have had a 'reference point return' before the control is happy. You probably want to set U and V zero also for the wire to be vertical.

It is very easy to accidentally move the U & V axis on the pendant box.On my FA10 you should have a #1 next to the U and V in machine or program position boxes.
You can manually move the UV back to #1 or best thing would be to do a wire alignment ,that should square your wire and reset the #1 position.
Hope this helps

It is very easy to accidentally move the U & V axis on the pendant box.On my FA10 you should have a #1 next to the U and V in machine or program position boxes.
You can manually move the UV back to #1 or best thing would be to do a wire alignment ,that should square your wire and reset the #1 position.
Hope this helps

This is correct. You should align, I'm fairly certain u,v HAVE to be in #1 position or you cannot even start a program.

Thank you to everyone. The U axis was misaligned and needed to be jogged to zero offset before running the program.

Back