What's new
What's new

Mitsubishi FX 10 Contact Alarm

Petergun

Aluminum
I am having a Contact Alarm problem with my FX 10. When i try to center position I get a contact alarm when it is not touching any thing. I even get the alarm with out a part in the machine. I have followed the wire from the spool to the cutting area and can not find the problem . I have also checked the wire to the chopper with no luck. I have had this problem for some time but it is getting worse to the point of not being able to use the machine. The contact light is on in all the time the wire is on but not when it is working as it should. It is also on in the edge finding and alining modes. Hope some one can offer some help. Thanks

Time for a thorough cleaning? How can you even start cutting when you have a contact alarm? Look carefully inside the lower housing that secures the power contactor. Any suspicious erosion inside where the contactor is actually held? Either that or you have a sliver of wire somewhere that's hiding from you.

Assuming you know this but...
How are the resin levels? Is the probe clean that measures this? High levels can cause a false contact.

If that is ok I would take the spool of wire off the machine, tape up the sensor arms that see if you have wire and turn on wire feed at the control or pendant to see if you still have contact.

A board might be going out as well.

The resin level caused the false contact. Thanks to both of you for your answers.

EIther the Mits is way more sensitive (or has better equipment in general) than a Charmilles, or it had to be thru the roof!*

*assuming we are talking same thing ie water conductivity/resistance if not..

:leaving: :hole: :drink:

carry on :D

*assuming we are talking same thing ie water conductivity/resistance if not..

Yes, that is what I was referring to.

I'd check the grounding wire to the bottom head. These coax style cables flex and will fray over time. If they break and contact the head the alarm will ring constantly.

Back