What's new
What's new

Mitsubishi FX EDM wire cutter question

tvalenzuela1432

Aluminum
I'm having issues with my wire cutter motor cutting out intermittently and need a quick fix. I know some people run it with out the cutter and just let it go into the bucket. My question is Can you by pass the cutter and sensors if my machine normally uses one? I need to keep running the machine and fear it might be more than the cutter motor that's wrong. For some reason the cutter blades I put in are hitting the piece they cut against too. Cant figure out why though. So I'm wondering what I have to do to make it work? Can I just remove the cutter part and the wire fall into bucket? Any suggestions would be nice.

Thank You,
Tvalen1432

Hello. Yes you can remove the wire chopper and let the used wire spoon into the collection bucket. The instructions are in the Mits manual.

Replacement Wire Chopper is $500 from Mitsubishi CPG
Part Number CPG-M1535-S
CPG Brand Wire Processor for FX, FX-K

UPDATE: The problem may have been the replacement blades I put in were a tiny bit bigger causing the blades to drag and cause a spark per revolution. Thus causing the drag on cutter motor and could have been why the motor would cut out intermittently. I did try to run with out the cutter but after a few it would get all tangled up in wheels but still it did work. Thank you to all who helped. Hope this helps some one else on down the road.

Tvalen1432

Hi Tvalen1432, In the collection roller section there's a coupling on white color that holds the wire chopper, if you remove it you will see a small micro switch that has to be pushed by the coupplig in order to give signal to the wire cutter. If this is removed the wire cutter doesn't work and can do the jobs just by letting the whole wire going into the bucket.

Regards.

Back