What's new
What's new

Mitsubishi FX10 cutting problem

tvalenzuela1432

Aluminum
Ok I have been backwards and forwards on this and it sounds untrue but I am cutting the contour of these 4" dies and I was using 0.008 wire and was able to get close to the desired dimension 0.669 but wanted to leave .001 for grinding so I upped my offset up two tenths on the next part. Now on my 3rd part and going from H1=.0057 to .0060 all of a sudden my part is 0.688. No matter what I did any pass after that would take only 0.001 off. It took me like 6 passes to get to 0.678ish. The first cut gave me so many problems I decide to take it to 0.010 wire and cut went smoother but once again with an offset of E1351 f.008 H1=.0067, low and behold it leaves me 0.020+ stock when that should have got me to my dimension with in a few tenths or a thou tops. I ran a pass at h1=.0039 and E1352 and it only took 1 thou off tops. My question is why is it that no matter what I set the off set to, It leaves like 20thou stock for skims. I checked power feeders and settings against the books settings and they are good. I tried first cut at h!.0057 and got the same results as above.
:angry::willy_nilly:

Any suggestions?
Tvalen1432

Hi Toni:
Something is grossly wrong...20 thou of unwanted stock is impossible to achieve if the offset is as you say and the wire is following the path you told it to.
Try a really simple test...make an octagon as I proposed in another recent thread.
It's a nice simple shape you can and should program at the control to eliminate the possibility that your CAM software barfed.

It should come out to dimension within the error typically accruing from violating the epack conditions.
What I mean by that is if you cut a hole for example, and skim it once more than the epack anticipates, it will typically be a few tenths oversize, because you skimmed it once too often, and it took another cut even though you didn't change the offset.

Try that (or cut a simple test square) and let us know if it works or not.
Oh yeah, one other thought...are the wire guides still intact?

Cheers

Marcus
Implant Mechanix • Design & Innovation > HOME
Vancouver Wire EDM -- Wire EDM Machining

Is it possible you on accident deleted your G41/42 from your program? Verify it is active doing a Dry Run. Personally I would do something similar to what implex said. Use 1" stock so it goes fairly fast.

also
Scale Factor set to 1:1??

I knew the situation was too bazar so I should have known it was not the machine just the nut behind the wheel. I found that at first my set up was solid and didn't move when turning on and off the magnet but.. it did start to move because I decided to check my xy0 and it was off. I checked it 4X before I ran it so that lead me to indicate the fixture and part from scratch and here I sit with my hat on once again. LOL:dunce:

Crawling back in my corner now but thank you for responding.
Tvalen1432

Hi again Toni:
Good to hear it turned out to be something simple and easily corrected.

Don't be embarrassed by the goof...I've done PLENTY of spectacular fuckups in my time and every one of them seemed like the height of stupidity on my part with 20:20 hindsight.
If you want to stay sane in this crazy profession, you've got to learn to cut yourself slack for the goofs....they're a sign you're actually DOING something.

A paper pusher can cover up their sins more easily than we can, but they never get to grow from their mistakes, and I wouldn't trade my life for theirs for any amount of money...even when I'm eating crow.

So own your sins with pride...after all, if you don't screw it up once in a while, you're not pushing yourself hard enough.

Cheers

Marcus
Implant Mechanix • Design & Innovation > HOME
Vancouver Wire EDM -- Wire EDM Machining

Back