What's new
What's new

Mitsubishi MD PRO-III tilted work offset pickup off two bores in Z vertical axis?

Green0

Aluminum
I once joined the platinum or diamond club for Mitsubishi for like $2200. I called in my first ever application question last week and got screened and left my application problem message with my number and e-mail and received no reply. Maybe I didn't rate a response. I don't have that problem with any other brand of machine on the floor, and none of them ever asked me to purchase membership in a club. I had also previously e-mailed the question to a application person with no reply so this is the second no reply attempt to contact them. We have done ~$20,000 in historical service work with MC Machinery in only about 2 weeks of total site time.

Maybe someone here knows how to program a pickup of a tilted work coordinate and pickup of the center of that tilt taught work coordinate, and could help me with documentation or something? I have a desire to be able to mount a master setting tool to workholding with two bores, one high and one low, and have the machine pickup the center of the top and bottom bore, and teach the tilt angle, and then probe for the center, so that I can program a vertical CAD/CAM perfect EDM program on the offset and run a flat programmed CAM program, but cut a tilted cut that is straight to actual workholding relationship represented by a rather large plate and stacked mount and adapter fixturing the actual part.

So for instance if a workholding position is .006" out over 7" of height, the EDM machine can teach that tilt and then teach the center to the control, allowing it to cut true to the actual part relationship in reality. This would improve accuracy and reduce the need for perfectly adjusted work-holding for better support of multiple (many) work coordinates rather than one or two very carefully settup work coordinates.

So every workholding position cutting the same program could have tiny compound angle corrections taught in the workshift based on the master setting tool that promote the most accurate cutting possible.

I feel for the guys in the field working jobs that have to depend on Mitsubishi. In my limited experience it is tough to get help on MC machines and that makes them less profitable and higher stress for customers.

Maybe they read your previous post with all that negative garbage and don't want to help you.

Maybe it will get to be time to sell their machine to prevent one of their prospective customers from buying a new one then?

Childish antics isn't what the builders are supposed to be engaged in, and making people join clubs to get treated like they are a customer is childish.

I bought my first Doosan machine used. Ellison and Doosan both treated me like a customer and I have since spent 2.2million dollars on new machine purchases with Doosan and they are delivering me two machines later this week, and have delivered me 4 other machines this year.

I haven't been successful in doing anything but spending money on service with Mitsubishi so far. I would like to see MC Machinery recognize their customer approach isn't as successful as it could be. Granted sometimes companies are blinded by other factors.

Winning a pissing match isn't a goal for us. I think MC Machinery should be seeing goal 1 be to keep the machine from being re-sold which could stop them from selling a new one to someone else, then goal 2 to be how to eventually sell a new machine to the company who now has an investment in understanding MC machinery equipment.

There is a local dealer Concept Machine and Tool that has tried (not really hard, but tried) to establish a relationship with us. They sell MC Machinery equipment, but MC Machinery doesn't allow them to service the equipment or do application training work on it. So that's essentially prevented us from having a relationship with their dealer, and has probably cost Concept Machine and Tool money also. People want to spend money with people who can effectively help them- at least I do.

Concept lost Methods machine tool - Nakamura Tome, and that must be in small part due to certainly their inability to sell the equipment effectively enough, but we couldn't consider them for purchase because we have no demonstrable relationship of functional service with Concept. Agreements like this MC Machinery one where they are not allowed to demonstrate the ability to provide support hurt their dealers in other ways like losing Methods Machine Tool as a accessible brand to sell.

This EDM could have been a brand ambassador to establish that relationship with Concept Machine Tool and gateway to Nakamura or to Kitamura machines, but instead its been nothing. 4 Years of nothing. I hope MC Machinery reads this stuff. I hope it matters to them. Maybe the MC Machines should be free if everything is going to be functionally encumbered, slow, dysfunctional, and expensive thereafter.

I have 3 business cards, one is an application guy who may not work there anymore. I don't even feel like I know how to ask the question to get it answered. The phone tree didn't apparently work either.

Is there an independent consultant in SE Wisconsin? We're only 2 hours from their headquarters in Illinois. I stupidly thought being so close would imply good support and that concept would also be able to support. I would like to even work with someone else to resolve the issue. The further this goes, the more it seems sell the machine is the only logical path. The offensive club membership seems to cause a good deal of the problems. It makes the customer say I'd rather maybe lose $60,000 getting something else, then accept this. The strategy cuts the company off from any principled customers.

Back