What's new
What's new

Mitsubishi MV series?

Love the MV

Bruce,

Before changing jobs in April, I worked at a company that got an MV2400S in August of 2012. Those 7 or 8 months were enough to make me a believer; if nothing else, that machine cuts & rethreads the wire QUICKLY and DEPENDABLY. That was extremely important, because management expected to cut pretty much around the clock.
As far as accuracy, I suppose they're as good as you can expect from a Mits, but I really liked the new Auto Threader on that machine :)

Dan

Dan,
Thanks for the reply, My company is looking at buying an MV1200 right now we have an FX-10, I'm sure a lot has changed since 1996. From the liturature it looks pretty nice, but how hard is it to learn the contols?

The control is... intuitive.

Before I ever ran a Mits, I ran OLD (1980's) AGIEs, for 5 years, along with a Fanuc and a Sodick along the way. When I got to the shop with the Mitsu's, I decided to learn their Charmilles (1990's machines, Charmilles controls) first, because I could tell just by looking that if I learned the Mits. first, I would NEVER have any desire to go orange.

In general, ALL of the Japanese machines are easier to learn than the Swiss; at least as far as older models go. The biggest adjustment for me was the power settings - all of the nomenclature is different, but if you're already running a Mits, you won't have any trouble. Just remember, if you're keeping the old machine, when you go from the MV to the FX - touching the screen won't work. Can't tell you how many times I tried to touch the screen on a BA after running the FA or the MV :D

I just got a MV2400S and just wanted to see some posts about it. Let me tell you one thing, OffsetLeft your post made me about laugh so hard I about cried just picturing it. I can see me too doing that as I still have a FX10 as well. We just semi-retired my FX20K for now. Just opened the MV2400S today and man is she beautiful with all her stainless steel to name 1 feature. Excited and nervous at the same time. I just really hope to learn the right way to run these machines to use their full potential. For 6 years I have used what I feel is a "get By" way to run the FX and FXK. I will be turning to the forum I'm sure till I get used to the new one as well as blowing up the Mits hotline. LMAO

Thanks,
Tvalen1432

We use SurfCam on both our CNC machines and EDM FX. The code it spits out for EDM posts looks more like a generic CNC post and I always have to make adjustments. I am curious, to program for the MV2400S won't we have to have SurfCam make adjustments to the settings in order to use on the MV? The programmer here says "EDM code is EDM code is all the same." ( I know is BS). Or is it that when making the program, he has to make alterations and plug in more info in the programing and posting part? The company got this machine to be able to run all night, run multiple jobs concurrently, and to do the crazy things on it that it is capable of doing. My bet is that we only have the basic version of SurfCam and we will need an upgrade on functions/options with in the program to use on the MV. Did you have any issues with the software you use?

Tvalen1432

Just found out the on the MV2400S they have chiller alarm issues. Ran into it while installation tech was here. Does anyone else have that problem? If so other then pushing reset on chiller, how have you dealt with it?
Tvale1432

Back