What's new
What's new

FANUC Wire machine wire shavings in lower sub die

Wenty

Plastic
Anyone have this issue with the newer FANUC wires? The lower electrode pin moves in and out for cleaning on the bottom when running and I think this might be the issue but not sure.

It moves in and out to put more pressure on the wire to be able to use their newer technologies, not that that really matters either way. I doubt that's your issue though. I've mainly seen this with using lower quality wire, or just a bad batch. What EDM wire are you using?

Also how old is the machine, and is it being kept clean?

It moves in and out to put more pressure on the wire to be able to use their newer technologies, not that that really matters either way. I doubt that's your issue though. I've mainly seen this with using lower quality wire, or just a bad batch. What EDM wire are you using?

Also how old is the machine, and is it being kept clean?

Had cheaper wire in the past that caused this but now I have Hitachi wire doing it. I figured it might be a bad batch I cleaned the machines a week ago cleaned them again today. Figure the wire is little softer then usual.

I just wanted to see if anyone had run into this before. The wires are 3 to 5 years old.

Back