What's new
What's new

Mitsubishi Wire EDM problems

bbkellough

Plastic
So I am running a MV1200R Mitsubishi Wire EDM and for some reason my tank wont stay filled with water while running a program? ive been running the same format of programs for the last 2 years so i dont think its something in my program because nothing is different in comparison to my others. I've also cleaned my water sensors and made sure my WQ range is fine.

So is this an issue for me to call Mitsubishi to come fix it or is it something i could potentially be doing wrong?

Common enough. Since you don't know what it is, I won't ask you when the last time you checked or changed your tank door seal was. Instead, I will tell you to research it and how to change it.

... because your tank door seal has worn out... :D

its not leaking anywhere or anything, its literally just flowing back into the resevior, because when its filled and running its on sort of a cycle to filter, waters going out to filter but not coming back in unless i stop and refill it

Yes. I understand. The condition has been covered ( here, on the forum ) many times. ( as well as many other forums ) Those of us who've owned Mitsis for any length of time are well versed in it. Use Google to search the forum and you'll find plenty of resources without one of us typing it all over again.

The bottom line is that the seal that keeps the DI in the tank is allowing it to leak past. Thus, allowing your water level to fall... See where this is going? :cool:

You can choose to pay a tech to come out and change it. Or, you can change it yourself. Either way, it will continue until it is remedied.

Good luck.

Yes. I understand. The condition has been covered ( here, on the forum ) many times. ( as well as many other forums ) Those of us who've owned Mitsis for any length of time are well versed in it. Use Google to search the forum and you'll find plenty of resources without one of us typing it all over again.

The bottom line is that the seal that keeps the DI in the tank is allowing it to leak past. Thus, allowing your water level to fall... See where this is going? :cool:

You can choose to pay a tech to come out and change it. Or, you can change it yourself. Either way, it will continue until it is remedied.

Good luck.

This is good advice, but I would also check the trough behind the seal plate and see if does not have a ton of water in it(imo its really obvious if the seal is bad) then I would go back and look at the sensor again. (especially where the 3 probes go into the housing..the plastic needs to be clean as well) it will cause the water level to drop if there is too much dirt on the plastic.

I have also had the air cylinder that controls tank level get wedged with a slug & also had a the same cylinder "wear out" and need replaced causing issues similar to what you describe. Look there too, verify it is opening & closing properly.

Please post back if you find the issue

I dont know if the 1200 has the same type door seal as the 2400 but its gotta be the easiest thing to replace on the entire machine.

Have you noticed if it drains faster during a skim than a rough cut? If so, the drain gates are most likely blocked from closing all the way or the felt pad that acts as a thick gasket on each gate has fallen off and may be floating somewhere inside the dirty side of your fluid tank.

BTW- you can hit 'Rapid Fill' while a program is running.

draining problem

In my opinion it is not as cut and dry as a tank door seal. Actually, I would be more inclined to agree with the trap door leak as this has happened to me as well. The units above those doors would stick sometimes so we just replaced those. But there are a few other ideas that wouldn't hurt to check into. For one make sure your water level sensors are clean as well as the bobbers. On one Mits. I had a solenoid that was going bad and worked when it wanted to due to debris caught in it and it was worn a bit. If you have a service contract with Mits they are usually good at suggesting a few things to look at yourself that might be the problem over the phone, in some cases therefor not requiring them to come out to your location.

Hope it helps
tvalen1432

tank level

So I am running a MV1200R Mitsubishi Wire EDM and for some reason my tank wont stay filled with water while running a program? ive been running the same format of programs for the last 2 years so i dont think its something in my program because nothing is different in comparison to my others. I've also cleaned my water sensors and made sure my WQ range is fine.

So is this an issue for me to call Mitsubishi to come fix it or is it something i could potentially be doing wrong?

I have had same issue with our machine. You will need to access the plungers located right side rear of tank.
Remove right side tank panel.
There are two plunger that control levels and draining.
Felt pad has come off plunger and need to be reattached using some type of epoxy.
If you don't see pad floating by plungers, then look in dirty tank and retrieve.
Dry parts and glue back together.
Reassemble
Wish I could of helped sooner...

I had the same problem before. We had to call the Mits service. They came and replace my seal plate plastic seal. They wear out fast if you dont clean your seal plate every time you finish running machine. I modified my machine by replace the bellow attachment screws with magnet strip along the right and left of the machine so it easier to access to the seal plate for cleaning purpose. I move x to the left and right then use paper towel and wipe them off every time i finish my job. This way will protect the plastic seal better and it last a bit longer. I also had the drain felt replaced once. They fell off to the dirty tank and can not hold the water level while machining. Tech guy used epoxy to glue them and seal it off with silicon. Machine runs good now and no issue.
It is a pain to change the seal plate plastic seal though. There are so many screws and panels that you have to remove to access to the area. Maybe next time i will have to spend sometime with the service tech to learn how to do it myself. The seal is cheap but the labor is not.
I hope i can help.

We had similar problem. They wasn't caused by the missing/bad seal but a bad pneumatic switch. On a different occasion,the water level detection floating switch was bad. Both caused the drain gate to open (or entirely fail to close). Try checking them.

I have the same problem that my tank empties, only when I change the PM from thin wkpc to optimum it doesn't.
somebody could help me???

And i have that problem, i will find a seal in the dirty water tank, what is not where to put it into its place.
Could you help me???

We had similar problem. They wasn't caused by the missing/bad seal but a bad pneumatic switch. On a different occasion,the water level detection floating switch was bad. Both caused the drain gate to open (or entirely fail to close). Try checking them.
Do you happen to remember where the pneumatic switch is located? In my case my drain is not closing at all which leads me to believe it would be the switch.

Your water is running out of the work tank in one of these two spots. It’s either coming out the back of the seal plate check your drip tray on the back of the plate or it’s running out of the drain gate. Check and see if the water is running out back into the tank from the drain gate.

Hello guys,
Anyone know how to use G111 to pick up 3 points on round stock with Mitsubishi wire edm mv1200s?
If you have the sample program please share.

Did anybody have files for mitsubishi sx10 wire edm i looking for E pack and english language disket?????

Back