What's new
What's new

molybdenum wire cut EDM machine

simoscnc

Banned
Hi guys, I recommend you one special molybdenum wire cut EDM machine.It is very popular in china, because of very cheap price compare with like Sodick brass wire cut EDM. but it really can do good job instead the brass wire cut EDM.Any guys if need more information, please email me [email protected]

Sounds like a version of Charmilles' FU xU series...
I've been in a LOT of shops that use their WEDM's as band saws.
Could never figure out why there aren't a lot more of these out there...

One obvious improvement would be to get some wire electrode manufacturer to make something bigger than .013"...
Someone has gotta make a .020".
In the meantime though....reusing your wire on a band-saw type cut is brilliant!!!

Jay Crumb

yes, it is Charmilles Fu series
It is good machine used for rough shape cutting. But Charmilles machine price is very high. Normally 15~20 thousands USD is good enough for this type machine.
11.JPG22.JPG

Jay Cee,

Do you have have such wire cut EDM machine?
where did they buy this type wire cut EDM? It seems Charmilles only sell this machine in china
Sounds like a version of Charmilles' FU xU series...
I've been in a LOT of shops that use their WEDM's as band saws.
Could never figure out why there aren't a lot more of these out there...

One obvious improvement would be to get some wire electrode manufacturer to make something bigger than .013"...
Someone has gotta make a .020".
In the meantime though....reusing your wire on a band-saw type cut is brilliant!!!

Jay Crumb

I imported a chinese machine. Spent a lot of time trying to work out the chinese programming. Then loading the wire, which broke frequently and finally gave it away for free. Then went back to our self threading agies, for accurate wire cutting, and stopped wasting my time winding greasy wire on, and then off, then it would break in the middle of the drum. Obviously some machines must be OK, but don't try to buy cheap.

doublehappy... Just curious...How were the cutting speeds compared to a normal WEDM?
I realize that you said you imported what may have been a cheaper version, but even they must have had better than decent speeds.

Also, you mentioned the wire was "greasy"...
Why was it greasy?

Wire breaking in the middle of the drum would suck I'd imagine.
How many times were you able to run it through the cut before you saw this breakage issue?

Jay Crumb

Such WEDM price is from 6000USD~30,000USD, there are a lot of factories product this machine.
15,000USD machine is good enough.
How much do you buy?
Charmilles this type WEDM is supplied by one china factory, they do OEM cooperation.but Charmilles sell much higher price compare the original factroy.
If you do not know this machine before, you need send some time to be familiar with it.
The main problem are the software and loading wire.
Almost 99% machines with same manual type loading wire, you have to used it.
I do not know what software in your machine,HF or HY..? but now Auto cutting is popular.

I imported a chinese machine. Spent a lot of time trying to work out the chinese programming. Then loading the wire, which broke frequently and finally gave it away for free. Then went back to our self threading agies, for accurate wire cutting, and stopped wasting my time winding greasy wire on, and then off, then it would break in the middle of the drum. Obviously some machines must be OK, but don't try to buy cheap.

I am from China and we make this, this machine was normally used for rough cut, the best surface finish for our machine is Ra 0.7. And precision under 0.005.

I am curious how fast these machines cut, say a 1 inch piece.

I have a friend that has some parts made in China and they supposedly whip out good parts cheaply for him...parts that I imagine we would go to a laser shop for.

I am curious how fast these machines cut, say a 1 inch piece.

I have a friend that has some parts made in China and they supposedly whip out good parts cheaply for him...parts that I imagine we would go to a laser shop for.

The cutting speed of our Brand machine is 220-235 mm2/minute for 150 mm thick material.

The cutting speed of our Brand machine is 220-235 mm2/minute for 150 mm thick material.
Thank you Henry. It is interesting that in China, Moly wire machines seem to be making people money, yet in the USA they don't seem to have any foothold. They strike me as a much cheaper alternative to both laser and waterjet. I have no interest in any moly wire company, just making an observation.

Ward

I have sold more than 200 of these machines in South Africa from SSG, in addition to the Accutex brass wire machines we sell.

There is no way you are cutting at even 1mm/min on 150mm material. The cutting speed is more like 0.3-0.5mm/min on this height. On 25mm you should cut at around 1.5-2mm/min as compared to 5mm/min on a good brass wire machine.

These machines are fabulous for certain applications, in fact I have a PowerPoint presentation that defines the differences between brass wire and fast wire machines. If anyone is interested you can pm me and I'll be happy to share it.

Yeah, Most people will not try, unless they are very familiar with this kind of machine, and really need it

I have sold more than 200 of these machines in South Africa from SSG, in addition to the Accutex brass wire machines we sell.

There is no way you are cutting at even 1mm/min on 150mm material. The cutting speed is more like 0.3-0.5mm/min on this height. On 25mm you should cut at around 1.5-2mm/min as compared to 5mm/min on a good brass wire machine.

These machines are fabulous for certain applications, in fact I have a PowerPoint presentation that defines the differences between brass wire and fast wire machines. If anyone is interested you can pm me and I'll be happy to share it.

Our calculate method is not the same like you

You could pass the "power point" that you mention. I'm interested

Back