What's new
What's new

More DWC90C trouble

mymachinery

Aluminum
OK, I have been having a good time working this machine as much as possible, as a shake down cruise before the MC Mach subscription is up next month, been learning a lot & getting more familiar with the controls, etc.
Today I went to cut a money job & the machine is alarming a 503 on X. A few weeks ago it had the same issue and Mits recommended swapping axis motor and encoder leads to see if the fault changed to Y or stayed with X. At that time when I swapped cables everything started working except backwards, so I put it back right & cut for many hours with no trouble. It's harder to trouble shoot when it will not stay broken. This time I changed cables again as before & the fault stayed with the X axis. I believe this was supposed to mean that it was a bad drive. I have checked the fuses on the drive and reseated connections on that and also the FX16 board, etc. APUC-10-DWC BY171A449G51 is what the motor cables attach to.
Question: Is there something else I could check? just pulling my hair out here, I was going to cut a hex that I could have broached, albeit imperfectly, and now the D2 is 60rc & machine down. Really!! yesterday it booted up perfectly

This exact issue happened to me as well. Ensure that your lower flushing cup is set sub table level. I eyeballed mine when re installing my lower head after cleaning one day and it was about +.005 of the table level. This alarm would randomly occur for me at different times during jobs and luckily a Mitsubishi technician told me to check if my lower flush cup was dragging any. After setting it correctly, the alarm has not occured since.

I was thinking it was the encoder too and I was sugguested a many of parts to replace until I talked to the right person with an easy fix.

Good Luck!

Just saying, I have machines with 100K on hours and only 25k burn hours.

Not that this will "fix" anything. But if it boots up good, do not turn it off.
Yes, I understand the reasoning there. Yesterday evening we got a storm cell right over us that hovered for over an hour with torrential rain & some lighting. I shut it down. It is nothing here for me to go visit a customer a mile away & before I get back it rains & blows into the open rollup door I left open because of the heat. When I moved to SC from CA, it took a while to learn "roll up the car window because sometimes you never can tell when it will rain.

Yes, I had thread searched for hours & read that one, lots of experience to learn from here. In consultation with my Mits tech, I replaced the servo amp and went back to work, burned until 1am & got the job done. if anyone is keeping count, the Mits price for refurb amp is 4K, then a 25% refund with your acceptable repairable core.

Back