What's new
What's new

Need Help! 1993 Fanuc Robocut alarms

tlmkr38

Aluminum
Good morning!
We bought a 1993 FANUC Robocut Alpha 0a machine with Fanuc 16WA controller a few years ago and are just now getting to powering it up ( long story..). It was running before it was moved as I saw it running. When we power it up now we are getting some errors. When the guy unhooked the wiring he took pictures and marked everything and from what I can tell it is back like it was. The alarms I am getting are
510 Which the books says it Overload signal for X axis motor
516 Which the book says is for X axis digital servo detection system
520 Overload signal for Y axis
526 Y axis digital servo detection system.

It also says the the cause is indicated but Alarm 2 for the 510 and 520 errors and Alarm 1 for the 516 and 526 errors.
I have looked at these and cant really figure it out. I assume that where the 1 is on the Alarms tells what t he cause is but on Alarm 2 the spots where the 1 is don't have anything listed.

When I bring up the Alarms on the screen here is what I see
Alarm 1 10000000
Alarm 2 00101001
Alarm 3 10000000
Alarm 4 00000000
Alarm 5 01100000

If someone can help me decipher all of this and point me in a direction to start checking things I would appreciate it.

Since the machine has been turned off for that long of a time,
the batteries probably have gone bad. This in turn will cause the
Fanuc controller to lose it's parameters to operate. Your digital
servo parameters have to be reloaded. Most machines come with a hard
copy of the parameters in the controller. In the maintenance manual,
there is an explanation of how to load parameters and a way to call
back basic and (I believe) digital servo parameters.

Since the machine has been turned off for that long of a time,
the batteries probably have gone bad. This in turn will cause the
Fanuc controller to lose it's parameters to operate. Your digital
servo parameters have to be reloaded. Most machines come with a hard
copy of the parameters in the controller. In the maintenance manual,
there is an explanation of how to load parameters and a way to call
back basic and (I believe) digital servo parameters.

Thanks! I'll check it ., Yea the batteries were dead when We turned machine on. Had a guy who normally works on mills and lathes look at it since he knows the fanuc controllers and he said it looked like it hadn't lost the parameters but It may have lost some and since he hasn't worked on an EDM might have missed it. I had actually changed the batteries when we got the machine but it had been turned off and that was like 3 yrs ago....

Appreciate the reply :)

Got it all up and running now. I think it was batteries and actually some dirty connections from sitting so long. Now I am trying to figure out how to run the thing. Simple stuff like manually setting a start position and calling a program from the directory and stuff. I have all the manuals but stuff like that isn't in there really clear.

I have 2 similar fanuc robocut models (alpha 1c and alpha 0c) and I can try and answer any questions you might have about running it. PM me when you think of them!

Thank you. I gonna look through the books more to make sure I'm not missing anything and then probably get a list together. I sure appreciate it :)

Back