What's new
What's new

Need help w/mold partline "sparking" on a mitsubishi ea12s

CRC13SG

Plastic
We recently purchased a Mitsubishi Sinker EDM model EA12S with the intention to do "sparking". I understand that it's a very old practice that is not used as much anymore. Mitsubishi has been a little helpful in getting us started. However, I feel like our process could be more efficient. Is there anyone that has any advice/experience with the sparking process on the newer Mitsu's?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated

CRC,

Not sure what help you are looking for specifically, but the key to sparking mold parting-lines is to switch the polarity back and forth between pos and neg to achieve even wear between top and bottom of mold.

Jay Crumb

Explain your process and specifically what you feel is inefficient.

The Epacks for St-St will certainly be low power and take some time to run thru. It's probably been 20yrs since we did it.

Thank you for your reply guys,

With the Mitsubishi, there is an Esper Advance software that consists of lining up Master packs one after the other. If there is not enough of these stacked up in the program, it will time out before reaching the Z position. This is different from the Makino or Charmilles that I have run in the past. Those machines would have one program of code that would continually loop until it met the predetermined Z height. With the Esper Advance software stacked up right and it does not time out, it is taking DAYS to burn. It does switch the polarity as it's running but, I want to be able to run a program that loops and burns faster and I'm not sure what the settings are to get that.

Just to make clear, you are sparking two halves of mould together, not sparking a parting line with an electrode?

1 Mpack with several Epacks is what you mean.
Sounds like you have lots of stock to remove with too low power settings or maybe you have selected a large surface area so your jump speeds are super slow, or poor machine settings. I wouldn't even recommend timers if your settings are real bad.

You need to provide way more info of what your doing.

Back