What's new
What's new

Need Wire EDM Service Tech - Machine Down after lightning storm

Chipper71

Plastic
We had a lightning storm 2 weeks ago that prevents us from powering up our machine. I have an Accutex SP-300iA wire EDM. When we hold the green power button it will not stay depressed when we let go of it. We replaced some relays, then the WIOST-IO communication board and the EDIO board that piggy backs onto the WIOST-IO board but still no luck. When we hold the green power button we get lights on our WIOST-IO communications board but no servo motors come on nor will the button remain depressed. Has anyone else had issues after a lightning strike and what do you recommend doing to prevent a future occurrence since we have many thunderstorms here?
The vendor provides good support but I'd like to find a service tech, preferably near Charleston, SC or as close as possible, that can troubleshoot this issue or future issues we might have with our machine. Our maintenance is strong enough in electrical/electronics to diagnose the issue or communicate fluently with the vendor. The vendor is scheduled to come next week but I really need to get the machine going sooner than that if possible. Also if not for this repair then I would have a contact for future service needs. I appreciate any input on my current issue or a good service tech. Thanks

Back