What's new
What's new

No functional Charmilles HMI post for Mastercam

Old_Frog

Plastic
Hi,

I've been tasked in our company to create a post to work with this HMI control on this Charmilles Wire EDM Machine.

Our reseller has tried 3 times, and we have been waiting for 3 months since we put it the latest request. All of the posts so fare immediately error out. The HMI control is a complete deviation from previous controls, and I am not sure it is used anymore.

If anybody out there has something compatible, I would like to get a copy of it. Our owner has put down the mandate that Espirit is to be removed from the computer.

I'm a little confused, You're looking for a post for Mastercam, but removing Esprit?? I'm in Ohio too, so I'm sure we have the same dealer for Mastercam. Esprit, on the other hand, was originally known for wire EDM, and they have the absolute best customer service!-------------------- John:cheers:

Do you have any existing programs(that run) that you can use for reference when editing the post processor?
Does that machine even use g-code or is it completely conversational?

I would put in a call to Esprit sales and ask if they even have a post processor for it.
If they don't have it, it probably can't exist...as stated earlier, they are the best...

Are you doing simple 2D stuff or are you tipping the wire.

Does GF Machining have a recommendation?

Jay Crumb
Eastlake, Ohio

Back