What's new
What's new

Not getting a square corner

wishin4snow

Plastic
Hey guys. I'm still pretty new to the EDM world. I am running a program that we have always ran on our Mitsubishi DWC-90 WEDM. I noticed that the corners are not square even though the program has a square corner. I'm not talking about the wire radius either. If you look at the pictures, there is almost a radius on one side of the corner. The part is copper and 1.234" thick. I know this is how the parts have always been ran because I looked at a part in stock.

My question is how can I get a straighter corner? Do you program a slower speed?

Thanks for any help.
IMG_20200302_064821.jpgIMG_20200302_064830.jpg

Hey guys. I'm still pretty new to the EDM world. I am running a program that we have always ran on our Mitsubishi DWC-90 WEDM. I noticed that the corners are not square even though the program has a square corner. I'm not talking about the wire radius either. If you look at the pictures, there is almost a radius on one side of the corner. The part is copper and 1.234" thick. I know this is how the parts have always been ran because I looked at a part in stock.

My question is how can I get a straighter corner? Do you program a slower speed?

Thanks for any help.
View attachment 280596View attachment 280597

On these older machines you will need to "manually" implement some corner control. Assuming your program does not have corner radii (sharp- line to line), add a G04X2.0 (dwell- 2 sec) at the corner transition on the rough pass. You can adjust the dwell time to tweak it in. Alternating path direction (CCW/ CW) on your skim passes will also help the form of the corners.

Thanks for any help.
View attachment 280596View attachment 280597

Along with the added dwell you can try to increase your wire tension and slightly decrease your flush pressure. You may have to decrease your SF just a little too. The dwell should be a big help for getting the stock out of the corner before going to the next line of code, that's usually the biggest issue when your not getting clean corners.

Thanks guys. I will definitely try the dwell. I thought that might help but wasn't sure how long of a time would be appropriate.

hi thanks did that i pluged mate diectly into cc that was fine and then FX as before no data this then means there is a problem with mate and not hub.
could it be prob with inverter?

Back