What's new
What's new

Opinion on older Mitsubishi Dwc-110-ha

Zeus1050

Aluminum
I’m consider buying and older Mits edm. Looking for insight on reliability, maintenance costs ect. I’m not asking if you like any other brand better. Just experience with this model. I’m aware it’s old, it’s slow and a it’s has an inane “ registration fee” . All insights appreciated.

Make sure that you get all manuals and documentation with it. Ball screw data, epaks, operating system, etc. The mits registration fee is a little steep, but if you need there info to get a down machine back running it will be worth it. A few things to consider: does the machine need to be prepped for shipping to prevent damage? If the current owners are registered, you might get them to do oem service and a clean bill of health before you transfer ownership, that way you might do without a oem contract for a while if you plan on commissioning the machine your self. Also consider getting rigging data.

We had one in the mid 90s, and in it's day it was an accurate machine. Compared to a new machine, it will be incredibly slow and that age probably unreliable. Compare it to a computer that old, it's really not worth much. If its for a home hobby shop, maybe. Trying to make money with it, if you are competing against newer machines, it's doubtful. If you need to be competitive, get something newer. I agree manuals and schematics are a must if you are serious about it.

Back