What's new

opinions on best new SINKER EDM

• Thread starter Johnny Larue
  • Start date
  • Replies 4
  • Views 4,808
J

Johnny Larue

was looking to buy a new EDM SINKER dual purpose machine....was looking at makino, mitzi, sodick....but welcome youse guys reviews of what ya know or have used....I need it to do slots 8 inches deep in OFHC and maybe down to .002 holes or even nano holes if it can do it....money isn't a concern....the right tool for the job is 50 times more important....here what I gots so far

Johnny,

You need to look at the EDAF2 Fine Hole or EDAF3-Fine Hole machine specification from Makino. This machine is configured for high precision standard Sinker EDM work and also for High Accuracy EDM Hole Drilling. This machine has a removable W-Axis structure (Die Guide Arm) that is used for EDM Drilling, and this unit is quickly and easily installed/removed to allow unobstructed Sinker EDM operations. Please PM me if you would like to discuss this in greater detail.

-Brian

EDAF2_47_1_KPS_1502821.jpg

Johnny,

You need to look at the EDAF2 Fine Hole or EDAF3-Fine Hole machine specification from Makino. This machine is configured for high precision standard Sinker EDM work and also for High Accuracy EDM Hole Drilling. This machine has a removable W-Axis structure (Die Guide Arm) that is used for EDM Drilling, and this unit is quickly and easily installed/removed to allow unobstructed Sinker EDM operations. Please PM me if you would like to discuss this in greater detail.

-Brian

View attachment 185941

Brian,

yes I would love to discuss this further and go over specs...basically I need a price and a maximum measurement to see if it fits in the dock doors....can you send me PM or post here your email addy so I can contact you directly...and thanks for responding so quick...that's what I'm talking bout brian :Ithankyou:

I agree with Mr. Pflugger... That is the best machine for the work you describe.

Jay Crumb
Advanced EDM, LLC

Johnny,

A bit more on your range of work; You mentioned EDM'ing "down to .002" holes or even nano holes". The Fine-hole option on the EDAF-series allows you to go from full, 60A cavity roughing, to EDM'ing holes down to 11 microns in minutes. While 11 microns isn't "nano", it is certainly "micro".

Have a chat with Brian... you're in good hands.

Bud Guitrau

Back