What's new
What's new

Pickup parts from machine tank floor.

nlancaster

Aluminum
In an effort to save time, does anyone have any tool tips for picking up small parts off the machine tank floor without waiting for the tank to drain. The water in the tank is dang cold!

Small parts, titanium, aluminum, and steel. Don't want to mark the part with steel claw grippers etc.

I can't find the article, but I remember an EDM Today story about a place that cut these wee little parts - they rigged up baskets around the lower nozzle that the cut off parts would drop into. The machines would just run and run, cutting off these.. PCD inserts, I think they were?!? I suppose the baskets were plastic, and with a 'mesh' bottom, or a bunch of little drain holes?

Maybe I'll find that that issue somewhere...

Dan

edit: HOT DAMN! There it is ==> https://www.methodsmachine.com/wp-c..._DiamondInnovations_CaseStudy_Winter2013a.pdf

In an effort to save time, does anyone have any tool tips for picking up small parts off the machine tank floor without waiting for the tank to drain. The water in the tank is dang cold!

Small parts, titanium, aluminum, and steel. Don't want to mark the part with steel claw grippers etc.
Try making your tabs super thin like .001 that will hold them in there nice and you can take them out easy with like finger pressing
if you get the sweet spot for the parts and thickness your dealing with when you press part tab while shear like aluminum foil

Cimworks has this feature built in with many other handy edm specific functions

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Try making your tabs super thin like .001 that will hold them in there nice and you can take them out easy with like finger pressing
if you get the sweet spot for the parts and thickness your dealing with when you press part tab while shear like aluminum foil

Cimworks has this feature built in with many other handy edm specific functions

We can put tabs on tabs even

Back