What's new
What's new

Please help identify this device

Francis1965

Plastic
Hi everyone,
Can someone help me identify this device, please?
I found this piece laying around in my shop but don't really know what it is for.
There is a tag attached to it saying EDM wire feed. Hitachi devise.
Here is the picture:

Attachments

• edm device .jpg
    edm device .jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 234
Hi everyone,
Can someone help me identify this device, please?
I found this piece laying around in my shop but don't really know what it is for.
There is a tag attached to it saying EDM wire feed. Hitachi devise.
Here is the picture:

Might be an edm wire feed Hitachi device.

Hi Francis 1965:
Without having owned or taken apart a Hitachi wire EDM it's almost impossible to tell what that thing might be.
Powder clutch maybe?

If you don't have a Hitachi of whatever year and model that came from, it's a useless piece of junk.
Maybe doubly so if it was taken out of the machine because it was broken or worn out.
Were you hoping to sell it for big bucks on EBay or Craigslist?

I wouldn't get my hopes up...you can try if you really want to, but I'd just pitch it if you have no use for it yourself.

Cheers

Marcus
Implant Mechanix • Design & Innovation > HOME
Vancouver Wire EDM -- Wire EDM Machining

Its size and shape along with having with having 6 screws on a green color suggest that it was originally made that way.

and note, one can view the object numerous times and see the very same thing.
It is likely that it was made for something or it would never have made and If one could just find what it was made for then what it is could be easily determined, or not

Its size and shape along with having with having 6 screws on a green color suggest that it was originally made that way.

and note, one can view the object numerous times and see the very same thing.
It is likely that it was made for something or it would never have made and If one could just find what it was made for then what it is could be easily determined, or not

It says “edm wire feed. Hitachi devise” on it so

Edm; “electronic dance music”

Wire feed; a hidden microphone used to record conversations. Usually used to incriminate people

Hitachi; comes from the combination of two kanji characters – hi meaning 'sun' and 'tachi' meaning rise.

Devise; plan or invent (a complex procedure, system, or mechanism) by careful thought.
"a training program should be devised"

Lifted from google search...

It's a Hitachi wire edm vertical wire setting block.
It has two red lights on the board. One for upper contact and one for lower.
A low voltage runs through the wire on the Hitachi machines when you turn on the wire.
When the wire is vertical in the axis you are setting, by touching off of the two circular surfaces and adjusting U or V accordingly,
both lights will be lit.

Back