What's new
What's new

post processor brother hs-3600

pep123456

Plastic
I am looking for post processor for this machine, brother hs-3600 for mastercam or others? Thank you

Not much is needed by way of a post for the Brother, and I don't think there is too much out there for any Brother EDM anyway.
Programming those things are pretty straight forward, so if you have a standard post for something, just edit out everything, keep
only the motion blocks and add the wire related stuff by hand.

Seriously, all I use is Autocad + and ancient version of Bobcad ( 17 ).
Just draw the toolpath you want, Bobcad adds the Gcode stuff to the coordinates and that's it.
The rest is a few lines of this and that here or there, most often though it's nothing but a M86 at the beginning and done.

Unfortunately Bobcad abandoned that style of side-by-side CAD and CAM screen, so no, Bobcad is NOT any different than all other packages.
But even then, Bobcad was not responsible for the toolpath, I was by way of drawing what I wanted it to do in AutoCAD.
All bobcad did ( actually does to this day ) is taking the coordinates from the DXF output of ACAD and adds in the G01, G02, G03 and the appropriate I and J lines.

That's why I've said that a completely stripped down mill post in Mastercam will do the trick, all you'll need is a good 2D backplotter, and for that I'd recommend NcPlot.

Actually, Scott Martinez ( the brain behind NcPlot ) has a product called SketchNC which may eventually be able to do exactly that, a side-by-side CAD/code generation screen where
you can edit the code and immediately see the result in the backplot.
Unfortunately Scott has not touched it in 14 or so months, so it is barely in Alpha stage at this point.

Back