What's new
What's new

Problem with loading programs in fx20k

conceptdevelopers

Cast Iron
Well lets hope this has as humbling of an answer as my last question just did. First a little background on this machine. It sat for 7 years when I left my current company for another. It lost everything as far as the software went. I re-loaded it and the screen just had a bunch of gibberish on it. Turns out somehow the software had gotten corrupted. I got good software and every thing loaded fine excepting where the hours meter is. It just flashes and change number's probably 5 times a second.The machine seams to operate fine after that. I aligned the wire and went to load in an old program I had on a disc. The programs appeared on the screen so I figured it was reading the disk. Then I tried to load one of them and it alerted with program not found. I tried the remaining ones on the disc and got the same results. It is obviously reading because it loaded the software, e-pack, and backlash. Any suggestions?

I had forgotten about the need for the .nc but remembered after a while and it didn't help. I finally got it to read but it's not doing it consistently. Some times it will load and sometimes not

It's not uncommon to have issues on 20+ yr old disks. Try cleaning the reader in the drive.

If you dont want to spend the money and upgrade to the Emulator, transfer programs by rs232. It's much better option .

Or grab a usb-floppy drive for $20 and transfer programs to another fresh disk. You should be able to read that disk on a PC.

I think the problem could be that to charge a program must insert -1 and INPUT if you're looking for the program number 1. The - is important, otherwise will no be read.

Best Regards.

I agree with Mitz Tech. Sometimes the machine likes doing it that way. (-1 or -2 etc) to call up the program. It also eliminates any typo's putting in the program name as well. Then you give it what ever L program number you wish.

Tvalen1432

Back