What's new
What's new

Q: INGERSOLL IG 1000, need some docs, progs.

asdf

Aluminum
Dear practical machinists,

we have an INGERSOLL IG 1000 EDM, a somewhat old electrode EDM on which we make a what looks like a final try to put it into production. What I do not have access to are some manuals and a "TRANSFER" program. The program is called just TRANSFER, it looks to be an old DNC server for the machine by the looks of its manual which we do have. As for a machine manual, we have portions of IG 1000 machine manual (Maschinenanleitung IG 1000) but it is not complete, of course all the missing parts seem to be most important. I can imagine it would be something of unobtainium but if anyone has an access to those I would have to ask to please help.

Also, one of the problems we encounter when using the machine is that the tub always drives to the top position as soon as one starts a program. We are able to set the hight of the tub manually, and even to program the position in the program, but as soon as we start the process it ignores the values and drives the tub to the maximum postion, any clue?

20171212_111156-2.jpg

many thanks in advance,
n

Dear practical machinists,

we have an INGERSOLL IG 1000 EDM, a somewhat old electrode EDM on which we make a what looks like a final try to put it into production. What I do not have access to are some manuals and a "TRANSFER" program. The program is called just TRANSFER, it looks to be an old DNC server for the machine by the looks of its manual which we do have. As for a machine manual, we have portions of IG 1000 machine manual (Maschinenanleitung IG 1000) but it is not complete, of course all the missing parts seem to be most important. I can imagine it would be something of unobtainium but if anyone has an access to those I would have to ask to please help.

Also, one of the problems we encounter when using the machine is that the tub always drives to the top position as soon as one starts a program. We are able to set the hight of the tub manually, and even to program the position in the program, but as soon as we start the process it ignores the values and drives the tub to the maximum postion, any clue?

View attachment 215105

many thanks in advance,
n

Hallo we have such machine with instuctions

Back