What's new
What's new

question about controls for weak vs strong flushing on DWC90CS

mymachinery

Aluminum
OK, I have some parts to cut that will need skim cuts, I have been reading the manual about setting the weak flush for the skim, but not sure that my machine is working correctly. The manual has been subject to interpretation before.
I have tried changing the flush on the E-set from 2 (strong) to 1 (weak) and I hear a solenoid click, but the flush doesn't change. As I understand it, I should set the strong setting with the up & down knobs & the flowmeters with the 2 enabled. Then change the setting to 1 and set the weak flow with the single weak knob.
Ideas?? Thanks.

Yes, it uses epaks, but it also has the eset
column on the right to change the parameters on the fly to fine tune the electric condition., and that should work even if there are no epaks loaded.

It is possible that part of the flush circuit is stopped up as the wire collect didn't work until I cleaned up the guts of all the solenoid valves. When the wire collect worked correctly for the first time it shot mud into the wire box. All the solenoid valves were checked out at that time, but could be a pipe is stopped up.

I know on the fa and mv series there are adjustments in the epack parameters. It's towards the bottom and begins with f, I don't remember exactly but I can get it for you first thing in the morning tomorrow. The lower the number the less amount of flushing. One is for the top head one is for the lower.

LQ number 1 or 2 is the difference between weak & normal flushing. LR is the notch setting to control the DI pump.
I just took the valve panel off to trace the lines. Everything was connected properly, the fault was in one valve bonnet, it was in 180 deg out so the solenoid didn't work right. The ARROW man, look at the Arrow! Anyway, it is working correctly now. I probably put it in wrong when de- sludging the valves.
Thanks everyone for your ideas.

Seem strange to me when the newest machine I have is an antique from 1994, isn't technology grand. At least I didn't have to bug my MC-Machine Tech with a bonehead problem

Back