What's new
What's new

Question on sodik and Makino machines

plastikdreams

Diamond
Is there a feature on sidick and Makino machines that would be equal to the power Master/adaptive control on mits machines?

If so what are they called?

If you aren't familiar with mits, power Master/adaptive control varies the voltage on/off and cutting speed to achieve the fastest most consistent cut without breaking wire.

plastidreams,

Makino does have an identical function to the Power Master called EZ-Cut that is located on the RUN screen of the machine. This function has been around for close to 20 years, and below is a video showing this function on the latest Makino Hyper-i control. The EZ-Cut function is setup as a slider-bar (much like a feedrate override on a mill) that allows you to change the active Rough Cut setting by Plus (+) or Minus (-) 25% by 5% increments. This function is also fully programmable and can be controlled using a special M74 command within your G-Code program.

- Brian

Tech Tip: EZ Cut Slider Bar on the Hyper-i Control - YouTube

plastidreams,

Makino does have an identical function to the Power Master called EZ-Cut that is located on the RUN screen of the machine. This function has been around for close to 20 years, and below is a video showing this function on the latest Makino Hyper-i control. The EZ-Cut function is setup as a slider-bar (much like a feedrate override on a mill) that allows you to change the active Rough Cut setting by Plus (+) or Minus (-) 25% by 5% increments. This function is also fully programmable and can be controlled using a special M74 command within your G-Code program.

- Brian

Tech Tip: EZ Cut Slider Bar on the Hyper-i Control - YouTube

Awesome thanks for the info!

Is there a feature on sidick and Makino machines that would be equal to the power Master/adaptive control on mits machines?

If so what are they called?

If you aren't familiar with mits, power Master/adaptive control varies the voltage on/off and cutting speed to achieve the fastest most consistent cut without breaking wire.

Sodicks have one too called EPA (Easy Power Adjustment). Same deal, you can increase or decrease in 5% increments.

Sodick has a Adaptive Control in the cutting conditions header called MAO. The M controls how sensitive the machine monitors the burn. The A controls the off time. The A controls the on time.

As the above for the Sodicks, have said the EPA adjusts power, I was told it was 10% increments? And the A and O are on and off time multipliers for respectively bad and good conditions.

The machine automatically increases the A by a digit for every wire break in my machine. I normally turn this back down if the break was of a sporadic nature rather then of a difficult condition.

Back