What's new
What's new

Re-starting a program on a Sodick wire EDM

M. Roberts

Cast Iron
Good morning people,

I am running a pretty long program on my Sodick AQ750, a few of the features are +/-0.0002", the rest not so picky. I have made some cuts on the not so critical features, and I am now at the point of the precision areas. I put a test part on the other side of the tank, and have made some additional test cuts using the exact same code, just changed my work coordinate...my issue is that the machine is not registering the changes that I make to the offsets...it doesn't go back and read the previous lines of code if you don't start from the beginning of the program....is there a way around this? Is there a setting that I can turn on?

Thanks in advance,
Mark

Good morning people,

I am running a pretty long program on my Sodick AQ750, a few of the features are +/-0.0002", the rest not so picky. I have made some cuts on the not so critical features, and I am now at the point of the precision areas. I put a test part on the other side of the tank, and have made some additional test cuts using the exact same code, just changed my work coordinate...my issue is that the machine is not registering the changes that I make to the offsets...it doesn't go back and read the previous lines of code if you don't start from the beginning of the program....is there a way around this? Is there a setting that I can turn on?

Thanks in advance,
Mark

If you made the offset changes in your header it should pick it up when it reads your "C" condition and your "H" offset. You can DRY RUN from the beginning of the program to where you want to be with a M00. You can also use BLOCK SKIP and skip certain parts of the program.
I always Graphic, Draw and Save before I run a program no matter where I am starting at within the program too.

Last edited:

Back