What's new
What's new

Reading / Loading Mitsubishi fx20 Disks

tzak

Aluminum
I have recently purchased on older fx20, and am new to wire cutting. It came with the USB /floppy emulator from Mits. However before I had the machine moved I tried to make a parameters copy. I have a file but can't tell if it's all correct.

I also have the floppy disks for the e-packs and pitch error. I can load the main system software into the controller from the USB but I'm not sure my downloaded file is correct and would like to try to load the floppies. I know that the disk format is CP/M so I can't really read the disk other wise I would just copy to the USB and load it that way.

My question is can I unplug the USB emulator and add a floppy drive in it's place to read the disks? Or is it a propriety floppy as well to read the CP/M format?

Any help would be great

Thanks

I have recently purchased on older fx20, and am new to wire cutting. It came with the USB /floppy emulator from Mits. However before I had the machine moved I tried to make a parameters copy. I have a file but can't tell if it's all correct.

I also have the floppy disks for the e-packs and pitch error. I can load the main system software into the controller from the USB but I'm not sure my downloaded file is correct and would like to try to load the floppies. I know that the disk format is CP/M so I can't really read the disk other wise I would just copy to the USB and load it that way.

My question is can I unplug the USB emulator and add a floppy drive in it's place to read the disks? Or is it a propriety floppy as well to read the CP/M format?

Any help would be great

Thanks

Epacks, Mpacks, pitch, param should be on a 720K formatted disk.. you can read in a floppy drive on pc. I have a USB floppy which I used to backup these things and update them on the , machines. The software disks are cpm and can't be read easily..

Used Mits floppies are on eBay if that's what you are looking for, can't stick any old drive in the edm..

So the floppies for the e-packs are readable on a pc floppy? Or I have to look for a specific Mits floppy drive?

So the floppies for the e-packs are readable on a pc floppy? Or I have to look for a specific Mits floppy drive?

Software disks are cpm format. The disks normally used for transferring programs, storing epacks, pitch, etc should be 720K format that a standard pc drive can read.

The drive on your edm machine is specific. If you want to replace it, you will have to find a used one from another machine.

If you have param, pitch etc on disk, you should be able to read it and transfer to a stick to load on the machine.

The floppies I have don’t seem to be readable in a pc. I have the pitch disk , epack etc. if I could read them I would just copy to the usb but unfortunately I can’t. That’s why I was asking if it’s a specific drive, I get it would be on the machine but I would have thought a regular floppy drive could at least read the disk.

I guess this is the least of my problems as if you look in my other post, I can’t even load the system software anymore which I was successful at before. I had the machine offf for a while and had to replace the 6v and 3.6v batteries but nowI can’t load the main software no matter what I try. Hopefully someone has some answers, I messaged Mits and they want me to send in every card for the cnc to evaluated each one. I think itsjust some initalizition as the power was off for a while. I can’t imagine being able to load the software one time and now being completely shut out.

Did anyone have any other things I could check. From my research it's looking like it could be either the MW416 or the MC116 not allowing me to get the software loaded?

I am wondering what was the solution to your system loading problems.

Mits techs have the parameters on USB drives now and can load them via emulator. We just recently had to wipe and reload and had to get an emulator as the don't have flopys anymore.

Back