recommendation for Wire EDM shop, very small random jobs, quick turn around.
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default recommendation for Wire EDM shop, very small random jobs, quick turn around.

I'm looking to find a shop to take over my prototype EDM work.
    I own a robofil 290 but it's nearing end of life with no oem support and I do not need another.
    I only do about a dozen hours of cut per year with it. Strictly 2 axis cuts under 40mm thick.
    I would like someone who can use finer wires like .1mm

What I can't handle is the several week turnaround times of the shops near me. -and the no-quotes because the jobs are too small to bother with etc...

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dsergison View Post
    I'm looking to find a shop to take over my prototype EDM work.
    I own a robofil 290 but it's nearing end of life with no oem support and I do not need another.
    I only do about a dozen hours of cut per year with it. Strictly 2 axis cuts under 40mm thick.
    I would like someone who can use finer wires like .1mm

What I can't handle is the several week turnaround times of the shops near me. -and the no-quotes because the jobs are too small to bother with etc...
    Do you really need .1mm (.004") wire for some reason? I think that could be some of the reasons for no quotes, or maybe quotes that are sky high. We run .01 & .008 wire (sorry we make our own product so not trying to quote or anything) and there is a difference in how fast they cut, not a ton, but I imagine at .004" it would be painstakingly slow = higher cost.

Just a thought...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I do two types of work. .010" .25mm wire single pass cuts for almost everything.... except that there have been some tiny detail experiments.

the tiny cuts are a couple square millimeters of total removal so cut time is not an issue. This was experimental work, not to any inspection tolerance. I just want that type of capability possible.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I used to have an older Sodick, I really was not competitive with it, started using New Jersey Precision, Bob Tarantino is the owner, 20 plus years later I still use them. Fast, reliable, fair pricing. Send Bob a quote nothing to loose but a bit of time..
    Wire EDM, Sinker EDM, Contract Manufacturing | NJPT.com
    Regards Chris