What's new
What's new

Cut contact cut contact Mits FX10

tvalen1432

Aluminum
I use the same program structure and settings for every program and only tweek them to the different material or size part with no problem......until now. All of a sudden I'm now. As the machine is rough cutting, it will cut for like 3-5 sec, show a brief contact, then cut for a few sec and then contact briefly again, then cut for a few, contact briefly, over and over. It's not the bouncy kind of contact like it wants to cut but hits a wall kind it's more like the pause when you push in a clutch on a car to chance gears. ( If that makes sense LOL).

What would cause this all of a sudden change in reaction to the normal routine BS? Rotated power feeders, cleaned every thing, wire align etc. etc. ect. As I was typing this a light bulb went on to try changing the wire spool. Let you know how it goes.

Tvalen1432

The part is only 0.25 tall and there is no wire contact in back. It is leaving lines on the part like as if I was cutting a 6+ tall part. That's how it is kind of acting. But like I said this is a usually quick and easy run just cutting the profile on a punch. It reminds me of "the little engine that could". Even though the head is like two inches from the part I have done this a thousand times and never done this. To do a rough cut plus 4 skims on a 0.25 tall part, only 3" long, with 0.010 brass wire, it is taking a little over 45 minutes to do the cut. Settings per the book. Even upped it one EPAC level for more power and same thing. I think the machine has asthma and trying to run a marathon. That's the best I can describe it. Maybe a fuse or a type of power booster doesn't have enough power to machine????

Thanks,
Tvalen1432

Parts are always wearing out.
A worn out (losing conductive) lower power contactor can sure confuse any adaptive control.
Even cleaning with fine sandpaper of the power contactor's mating surface can help.
Simple, but that's where I would start.
On the control side, thin parts like a lot of off time and a little more gap voltage.
If the problem is inside the machine, I haven't a clue.

Yes PM + adaptive control. I will clean the contact with power feeders. I'm thinking it just doesn't like cutting this small part and having such a big gap between the lower head and part as well as the part to upper head. What I do know is that bottom line is...It is still cutting it and with a few passes gets it to size and in this field what more can we ask? Except efficient I know.

Thanks All!
Tvalen1432

Look at where pm puts your cutting speed (fa). Figure out an average and turn pm and adaptive control off. Start low, and bring the speed up by .01 ipm until it breaks the wire, then back down .01 or .02 and let er eat, try epack 1221.

Plasticdreams, I was going through a bunch of different posts on the forum and one in particular made a light come on above my head followed by a slap on the forehead Homer Simpson style. LMAO. Being a 0.2 size part, I should have tried "thin workpiece" setting etc. etc. Even though the heads were far from part, I think that would have made a difference. Job is done now but will remember this for next time for sure. The struggle usually helps me remember for next time. Because it was a punch and needed more passes to be a tight tolerance, I didn't think of turning off PM and adaptive control either but will consider that as well. TY.

Tvalen1432

need help, the problem is almost the same as "contact" in red, but haven't touched the material yet. someone please help me...!!!

need help, the problem is almost the same as "contact" in red, but haven't touched the material yet. someone please help me...!!!

Check that the wire coming from the spool is on all of the rollers correctly and didn't hop off. If your machine uses a wire chopper; turn the motor off, pull the chopper, and clean the area and the chopper of brass debris. Also check the wire collection rollers that feed into the chopper or spent wire bin for any stray brass.

Basically, trace the path of the wire from the spool to the spent brass area, ensuring that no foreign brass is present in any areas and that the wire is routed correctly on the rollers.

Check that the wire coming from the spool is on all of the rollers correctly and didn't hop off. If your machine uses a wire chopper; turn the motor off, pull the chopper, and clean the area and the chopper of brass debris. Also check the wire collection rollers that feed into the chopper or spent wire bin for any stray brass.

Basically, trace the path of the wire from the spool to the spent brass area, ensuring that no foreign brass is present in any areas and that the wire is routed correctly on the rollers.

Great place to start!

Back