What's new
What's new

Robocut Alpha-1B w/ 16-W Control help request..

jjb623

Plastic
I recently bought a Robocut wire edm, it had most of the manuals, except of course the user manual (which I ordered but has a 120 day delivery time). Unfortunately I don't have four months to wait before I consult the user manual.

I'm having a hell of a time getting a program to run. Just a small test program made with the conversational programming on the machine. A dry run works fine, machine lock does too and shows voltage on the meter (on the operator panel) though it shows no amps..

If I try to run it normal, the tank just fills with water and sits there wasting wire.

I tried Fanuc tech support and got more "I'm not sure" and "I don't know" than I ever have with any tech support)

Any help, tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated!

(my only other EDM experience is with a Mits FX-10 I ran for 15+ years

This is a little old so I'm not sure if you've figured this out since then.

The machine won't show any amps until you're actually cutting something, power on out in the open air will just have max voltage.

Make sure you don't have some weird technology setting loaded.

Also, are you pressing 4 condition before you start cutting?

Hi, sorry it took so long to reply.. Been crazy 'round here..

Yeah, I am pressing 4 condition, have done it both before and after hitting cycle start.. As far as the technology goes, I'm not 100% sure I'm not putting in some weird one.. I've got the way the "epacks" for Mits FX-10 were set up in my head so I'm struggling a bit with the technologies.. Could you suggest one for 1/4 in 304 stainless?

Also, every now and then I'll manage to get it to say "B-Stop" (yeah, B, not E) where it typically says "M-Ready".. I've never heard of "B-Stop".. Any insights into that by chance?

Thank you!

Back