What's new
What's new

Robocut Alpha-1B w/ 16-W issues..

jjb623

Plastic
Could anyone tell me what it means when my Alpha-1B says "B-Stop" sometimes after I hit cycle start?

Also, if I put it in MDI and do a basic move with 4 conditions on it will make sparks (start to cut), but if I hit cycle start, it doesn't.. It will fill the tank then show B-Stop sometimes, and sometimes it will just immediately flip "Feed Hold" on..

Help and/or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Could anyone tell me what it means when my Alpha-1B says "B-Stop" sometimes after I hit cycle start?

Also, if I put it in MDI and do a basic move with 4 conditions on it will make sparks (start to cut), but if I hit cycle start, it doesn't.. It will fill the tank then show B-Stop sometimes, and sometimes it will just immediately flip "Feed Hold" on..

Help and/or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Do you have single block on? I think it means Block Stop. I think it will also do that if you don't have 4 conditions turned on.

Edit: Didn't realize you're the same person I responded to on your other thread. Thought I had thread subscriptions turned on, whoops.

Did you ever figure out the power settings thing? I'm at a new company and we don't have Fanucs here, but I did run them for 20 years so hopefully I remember.

On the 16-W control, you hit the AI set page. There you can set your Material type, Thickness, number of passes, etc. Once you enter that info in, on the right side you will see the passes listed with their associated power settings. This is your E-Pack if you want to call it that.

Once that stuff is all there, there should be a softkey at the bottom that says Register or something like that.

If you are trying to set technology for 1 pass, when you hit register, it will assign the cut technology to S0, and your offset register will be D0. You will need to call these up in your program after registering to use them.

If you are doing tech for multiple passes, they will go to their corresponding numbers. For example with a 4 pass technology, the power settings will be registered in S1, S2, S3, S4, and Offset will be registered in D1, D2, D3, D4.

On the newer controls you can set where they register, but I'm pretty sure there's no way to change that on the 16-W control.

Your program should kinda resemble this for a 1 inch internal square cut with 1 pass, with variations depending on how you like working.

O1234
G90
G92 X0 Y0
S0
M86 - turns 4 conditions on
G01 G41 Y.5 D0
X-.5
Y-.5
X.5
Y.5
X.025
M01 - optional stop for slug
X0
G40 X0 Y0
M30

Hopefully this is makes sense and/or is helpful.

Thank you for replying and advice. Single Block is not on, still will show B-Stop sometimes.

Your post was very help, I didn't know about having to put D0, and I SORT OF figured out the registering the tech thing yesterday but you posting it helped a bunch as well..

I still cannot get a program to run though. I currently am cutting slots in a bunch of pins for a job using MDI.. Which caused another question, if I put G01Y1.31 into MDI it powers up and cuts but doesn't stop at y1.31. Am I leaving something out?

Thanks again!

For the mdi cut thing, you probably need to specify absolute or incremental positioning. I usually just do incremental with manual mdi cuts. Something like G91G01 Y1.0 would cut 1 inch in positive direction regardless of what your position coordinates are set at.

If you copy what I wrote out in my previous reply, that won't run? That's weird. I would be willing to video chat sometime so you can show me if you want.

I am also have problems getting our machine to work right. new to EDM and although I have the books to it there is some kinda simple stuff that isn't written in it plainly. Mine is a series 0 maybe? Before A AND B I know but it does have t he 16-w controller. Gonna look into the IO settings also as I didn't know about those. But simple stuff like how to load a program from the directory and stuff. Lot to learn I can tell :)

Back