robofil 290 errors and disk reload. - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dsergison View Post
    I got it booted up and loaded the last saved configuration from hard drive. I will write that procedure here later for posterity.

It seems I have no bad expensive physical damage

but my copied system disk is useless. I will have to order one. they are $150 a piece.
    also, I need to replae my memory backup batteries. 3x $20.

BTW: they told me to leave the machine on 24/7 to keep the boards living their longest. I can't and wont due to noise and I use my phase perfect to power the 380v step up transformer. it's just too much stuff running. and I wont leave machines powered in my house unnattended. but I asked about a way to keep the batteries charged and they showed me there is a cool do-it-yorself 110v "wal-wart" and relay charging fix they developed for some schools that turn them off all the time. when turn the main power off it will kick in and charge your batteries so you programs don't dissapear.

The Charmilles wire support guys are top notch. they helped my a ton. also thanks to rockcambel for telling me how to unlock the keyboard and much more.

I photographed all the bios settings.

I also intend to some day remove the hard drive and clone it. the Tech seemd to think that sounded like a reasonable thing to do.

Thanks much!
    I know this is old but, I'm running my 310's off an American Rotary converter and I'd like to know any info on the "wall-wart" charging fix, if anybody can help.

Thanks!!------------ John

Country
    SLOVENIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by learsdiv View Post

I have pictures of Bios settings if you want to check them.
    Yes, if you can send pictures I would appreciate it.

Country
    MEXICO
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Floppy fatal error solved

Quote Originally Posted by Tech01 View Post
    Hello.

I have a very strange problem with our robofil P290.

So our machine is not running every day,so we have usualy to reload the software (disk 1, disk 2..).Nothing special, but one day it became the problem...I got the message "fatal error"when I tried to load floppy. Then enter to CMOS I got the error CMOS value corupt, there was non working system time and date...
    And there was also something strange at startup - RAM count was slow.
    My first thought was batery of CMOS, and bateries in cabinet.
    I changed bateries in cabinet, changed system date in CMOS and after several attempt I was sucessful to load the system and set up the machine. It works everything normal. After few days I ran the machine again and everything sems to work perfect. I made some pieces with the program already loaded on MEM and then I try to copy a new one from floppy and get the error of non-existing file - the floppy disk strats up for second and then stoped. Then I tried to reload the software and I got the same fatal error. This time I can not find a solution. I aslo changed the real time dallas chip, but also the new one sems that is not working - it lose the time an the datum, so if I take a look to CMOS there is always the message CMOS values are corrupt.

Running on board diagnostic there are no errors, but interesting when I try to write a report to floppy I get following system error CA00 (run time error) and alo B107 (reload the software). OK I would like to do it but floppy doesn't work All these time the machine work normal but I have to write programs manualy on machine.

Any recomendations? Is there someone who had simillar problems?

Have someone got the values for CMOS because I probably lost original values if the bateries are empty?

Regarding the systems disks - I have successful make a copies of those floppies, so if someone need it let me know. For sure they are not worth 150€ each!!!
    HI, my floppy problem was solved.
    It was the dallas real time clock chip
    Replaced with a new one but internal battery was also drained, 161 error persisted. Then bought again a new one, this time at Mouser Electronics part DS12887A+, and all problems gone. Machine start is faster and all problems gone. Floppy drive working again.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Does anyone still have a copy of this software? We have one of these EDM's in-house but it appears our disks have gone bad.

Country
    SLOVENIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by mjk225 View Post
    Does anyone still have a copy of this software? We have one of these EDM's in-house but it appears our disks have gone bad.
    Hello. We have a coppy of this software. Is a clone of original floppies (system_a, b and language).

Country
    INDONESIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Tech01 View Post
    Hello. We have a coppy of this software. Is a clone of original floppies (system_a, b and language).
    Hello, do you have copy software of Robofil 310F?

Country
    MALAYSIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi, you found the copy of system for a b and language? If not i can send you.