What's new
What's new

Robofil 300 Scales

Merdave

Plastic
I have a 1994 Robofil 300 that I need to replace the Z axis scale on. Several weeks ago, per the Charmilles tech, I changed the jumpers on the preamp board to get more gain and things worked fine, but now it's down again. Has anyone found a scale from somewhere other than Charmilles that will work? Trying to avoid paying top dollar to get an older machine running, if possible.

Thanks for your help.

Scale

Mostly you can source directly from heidenhein. If you need, we too have a spare.

Scale errors are not always due to scales. Causes may be due to cable problems or dried greese in the slides which will be make it tough for the motor to move thus invoking scale error. You can try to move the axis manually up and down, remove any dirt/greese by applying wd40 in the slide bearings. Hope this helps.

www.titanengg.com.sg

i don't know if your scale was fixed or replace. Let me give you a little insight on the scales. Of course you know that it has a reader head. This reader head gets both the sine and cosine from the scale giving you a 360 circle in a scope. The size of that sircle is the amplitude of the Sine and Cosine. In other words how strong a signal. Over time components wear out, resisters diods etc. the signal starts to drop, by you removing the jumpers in the preamp board ,your amplifying the signal. for a while at least. but, if you removed all jumpers and still have a problem. You can always remove the scale, remove the rubber lips, clean the class, and take a look at the reader head. ok, on the reader head you will see an Emitter and reciever one on each end ,and the glass that runs through them, look at the reader head and you will se a 10k i believe resistor. remove and ohm it out. if its more than 5% off from 10k, go to radio Shack and get another one. solder it back in. and ,hopefully it works. i saved countless customers from spending 1700 for a new one with CT when all they purchased was a 30 cent resistor.
later people,peace.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No just remove all jumpers
but cleaning scales in alchy helps alot
I have lots of scales
Justin greatlakeswirerepair
269 223 1620

Sent from my LM-X410PM using Tapatalk

Back