What's new
What's new

sodick A320 // A500 mark 25 controler sys disks

graydog68

Plastic
recently I was given a mark25 sodick controller to replace the bust mark21 on an A500.
we have a small hobby shop in mid Wales (uk) where we do volunteer outreach work to high schools and engineering clubs main in the electric vehicle area.

I am seeking help to find system disk to reboot the controller.
it gets through to insert sys3 disk.

if you have the system floppy disk or back-up/copy tht you might share with use, I would be very greatful.

I have contacted sodick local but no help.

rgd
graham

I know Diskfactory32 will do it on my Mark XI control system disk, but you have to have WinXP or older and a computer with a floppy drive of course to run it. The developer has made it Freeware now.
DiskFactory32 Support Site

I would presume that the floppies might likely be 720KB so you will have to cover the left hole of any 1.44MB blanks you will be using with a piece of tape or something to convert it.

good evening,

do you have a pc(windows) or MAC with a floppy internal or external?

are the disk DS/DD ? this is 720kb or 1Mb.(double sided// double density)

or do they read 1.4Mb HD (High desity)

if you have not floppy, please can I have a USB one sent to you.

there re a few ways to do it and depends on what you can read them with.
for windows:-
if the system disk is just a disk of files. opening the drive like you would c: drive or a folder.
clicking in the window
ctrl and A
ctrl and C

make a new folder in C or the desk top
in the new file in window
ctrl and V

this copies all the files to the new folder

right click the closed folder and chose "send to"
select compressed file. this makes a zip file which can be emailed.

please let me know your setup and I will write a details way to do it.
or if you would like I'm happy for them you pay the costs for them to be copied at a local computer store.

many thanks Graham

that's is a neat 32bit programme. I know the mark25 here has a HD 1.4Mb floppy.
there used to be a Dos command called bit copy, I'm guessing this program uses that protocol.

that's is a neat 32bit programme. I know the mark25 here has a HD 1.4Mb floppy.
there used to be a Dos command called bit copy, I'm guessing this program uses that protocol.

Back in my formative years, I used to used a nice utility program Copy II PC that did a "bitwise" copy on floppy disks of 360KB and 1.2KB 5 1/4" floppies.

Back