What's new
What's new

Robofil 510 not rethreading during program

Lotaxi

Aluminum
Hello,

I'm working with a Robofil 510 and I can't get it to rethread when the wire breaks during machining. It ONLY fails during rethread in the middle of a program, though. It will thread at the beginning of a contour and after intentional wire cuts just fine. The manual isn't any help, and I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Right now I use the format

M16
M06

The idea being that if M16 memorizes a point, it should go back to that command in order to start from the last memorized point. Problem is I have no clue how exactly it works. The manual simply says that M16 is the code to memorize a safe rethread point. In reality, the head doesn't move, the controller prints out "A080 Rethread Active," and then I need to suspend the program, raise the head, manually thread, or just restart the program.

I have also tried

M06
M16

M16 XxYy
M06

M06
M16 XxYy

ATH and ART are both set to 1, and I have it set to attempt rethread 10 times per program. This is driving me crazy. What am I doing wrong?

Guys to my knowledge this machine is still supported by GF. Applications and service phone support is still free.
1.800.282.1336 x-1947 for APPS x-1960 service.

Have you tried to leave out the M16?

I *think* (but I ran a 290 & 310 so might be different) if you leave that out it will just go back to the program start point and thread then 're-find' where the wire broke at.

Guys to my knowledge this machine is still supported by GF. Applications and service phone support is still free.
1.800.282.1336 x-1947 for APPS x-1960 service.

It seems to be, yeah. I have called several times in the past week and I don't want to wear out my welcome, really. I've been asking questions on forums to supplement what information and knowledge I'm getting from your techs with practical knowledge from other people who run the machines. I actually got the answer I needed from applications support yesterday morning: the rethreading motor was stuck and not turning. It's super corroded, so we need to replace it, but it's at least working for the moment.

Have you tried to leave out the M16?

I *think* (but I ran a 290 & 310 so might be different) if you leave that out it will just go back to the program start point and thread then 're-find' where the wire broke at.

According to the applications tech I talked to yesterday, M16 is actually not an active M code for the 510. It will only rethread at the location of most previous thread point. Bigger issue, as stated just above there, is that the issue was mechanical within the thread/rethread block.

Back