What's new
What's new

Claiming G54 on a Mitsubishi DWC-90G wire EDM

joe noftz

Plastic
We have an old DWC-90G Mits wire EDM that I can not get G54 numbers to take. Have been running it from a G92 start point but would like to run multiple parts. Does anyone know the procedure on how to claim a G54? (In case I'm doing something wrong)Does anyone think it may be a software issue? I'm kind of stumped. I came from a shop that has new Agies so this old machine is new to me. I also can't figure out how to zero out the relative position. We have all the books but I can't find anything in there to help. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

We have an old DWC-90G Mits wire EDM that I can not get G54 numbers to take. Have been running it from a G92 start point but would like to run multiple parts. Does anyone know the procedure on how to claim a G54? (In case I'm doing something wrong)Does anyone think it may be a software issue? I'm kind of stumped. I came from a shop that has new Agies so this old machine is new to me. I also can't figure out how to zero out the relative position. We have all the books but I can't find anything in there to help. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

If I remember correctly, resetting twice zeroes out relative...making it kinda volatile in my opinion.

I remember there was a line necessary something like g90g53x0y0z0 then g54x0y0z0...your mitz book should have the exact code along with examples.

I figured out how to zero out the relative. It has to be on the relative screen and then hit the reset button for X,Y,U and V.
I think what you're telling me with the G54 is how to call it up in the program. I can't get the numbers to set in the machine.
Thanks for your response. Will keep working on it.

My mistake, for zeroing out relative position. Need to be on screen that has the relative coordinates on (either main screen with 4 positions on it or the screen with just the relative position on it)and then hit X CB(clear block button)then hit it 3 more times to zero Y,U and V. I still have not figured out how to claim G54 in the machine yet.

You can easily do it from within your program, if need be. I do it all the time when needing to set a temporary WCS for probing routines. You can use G14, G43, & G52 for the process. I use variables that are not going to be used with the wire offsets for storing X & Y positions. Typically any from H5-H10. Otherwise, you can also get to the WCS offsets from that same screen you were in, and set it manually.

Back