What's new
What's new

Sayin Goodbye to the Old Makino EC3040

RLance

Plastic
Last program for the old LeBlond Makino says it all, she's bout had it and a new machine is on the way. It sure has been a good one and if I had my way we'd get another Makino.

Good bye 002.jpgGood bye 003.jpg

RLance,

"The End" is a sad last program for a good-old-workhorse...I hope the machine has served you well! I hope you are considering a new Makino as a replacement, as the new machines have come a looong way! Please PM me or give me a call if you have any questions on the newer machine models from Makino. I wish you luck with your future WEDM!!!

-Brian
(248-921-2474)

The powers that be would not go along with another Makino. Even though they can see what this has and is still doing with a minimum of repairs it its life time. You'd think if something did very well by you that you'd be apt to use it again. Not so with these folks. Don't understand it. The Makino was great and I like it much better that the FX-10 that we will be keeping. Looks like we will be getting an Agie Cut 20P. Any advise or experience with these machines is greatly appreciated.

I've not used a Cut machine as I think it's from the Charmilles machine configuration. We have the Progress which is from the Agie side of the family.

You'll like that cut-20...
Decent machine for the price.
I'm sure "The price" had everything to do with the decision.

Jay

Kinda a longshot, I just got a EC3040 in very good condition and having a big trouble finding a post for mastercam that will work with this old machine. The the EOB and 3-decimal cordinates. Maybe something that one of you guys might have? I guess a old fanuc wire post for newer mastercam is more than halfway there?

We have a EDU license so have no help on new posts for old machines.

I would really appreciate any help on this. thanks

Back