What's new
What's new

Schleifblock

wireguy

Aluminum
Does any one know where to get the little rubber abrasive block that comes with a Charmilles wire machine besides Charmilles. They put it in to a the toolkit and it is used for cleaning tables and parts. I have used Sears rubber blocks for their saws but are not as nice as these german ones. We use them for a lot more then just the edm. Any help would be appreciated.

I have not seen the blocks so do not know what they are like. Since my tanks are painted (Agies) I have to be careful with the abrasive. I use the green 3M scotchbrite pads and then use car wax over that. Keeps everything shining. For the metal tooling I use the same pads. They work great and my tank on my oldest '92 machine still looks like new. Machine has 27,000 hours on it.

TMD

These blocks are used more on your parts that get a little rusty or the table of the machine. As for cleaning the machine I wipe it down every morning with a towel that is dampened with wd 40 works great and the machine still looks new.

I have tried the cratex but likes to fall apart and are all sort of small. This one is
is 3/4x 2x 4 so it is a nice size to work with. On the sleeve that it was in it said artifex.

Artifex is a German company that makes various flexible abrasive products. They make stuff for working with both glass and metal. They don't have a US distributor for
metal working products but they have 2 for
the glass working stuff. Maybe they could help you.

De Gorter Inc.
5623 Cannon Drive
Monroe, NC 28110
Phone: 1 704 282 2055
Fax: 1 704 225 8290

Salem Distribution Company
P.O. Box 17 30
Clemmons,NC 27012
Phone: 1 800 234 1982
Fax: 1 336 766 2626

We have 3 AGIE machines instead of car wax we use Armor-All. Spray it on a rag wipe the tank down, haven't noticed any early deteration of the d.i. tank though. Our oldest machine is a 1985 model and we have some areas where the paint has been rubbed off. Mark

We have tried all of the above. Wax, RainX,
Armor all. A Charmilles rep showed me this with just spraying WD 40 on a rag and wiping your painted areas, plastic, and stainless parts every day before you start. He had seen 3 machines that a customer had done this and they looked like new. Before that I was using limeaway, the works, but any chemical cleaners will make some plastics brittle and start cracking. Using wd 40 on the dirty plastic parts when doing maintenance make them look like new. I havent seen any problems with the di bottles, but if the others work for you great.

I use Sandflex blocks. And they are good. I clean workparts and clamping table with it. WD-40 straight to tank?? Don't want to use that method. Bad for the resin. 6000 hours and still like a new machine.

Back