What's new
What's new

seal plate calibration FX20K

conceptdevelopers

Cast Iron
Hoping someone knows what an alarm "P277 macro alarm msg" means. I'm wanting to calibrate the seal plate. I've followed the instructions in the manual(i.e. set to metric, zero returned, run prog. 99999300) once I try and run that prog I get that alert and all the manual says under P277 is "an alarm command was input at H3000" . :(Any ideas?
Thanx much

If the program continues to run ignore the message, if not you need to take some other steps.

Are you turning adaptive control off prior to running the program? I have in my notes to turn it off, don't remember what difference it makes. In my instructions it says if it doesn't run go to maintenance and look at the message under <USR MACRO OUT MES>... if it reads "no data" there is no seal plate data loaded. If it reads "clean seal plate" the seal plate resistance is higher than it can compensate for.

Yes it reads no seal plate data.

In the program, 99999300, Almost at the end after the M02 it says H3000=1( no seal plate data) then H3000=2(clean seal plate). There is nothing in either the large manual or the secondary aux. manual that I can find to give me a clue. The only instructions I have are at the very end of the aux. manual for software, pitch error and backlash. :willy_nilly:.

And yes the adaptive control is off

Mine has never failed to run the program, so I haven't had to deal with this. I would guess the data is on one of the disks. Has the program ever run successfully?

I have been able to raise the value in the seal plate timer higher than the default 500 so I could run a program to finish a job... it resets to 500 at program end every time. That would at least let you get something done until you resolve the problem.

While I was getting through a job I did that routine of resetting the "clean seal plate" value to get the program to run. When I reloaded the software it reset that timer so that issue is taken care of. Its the calibration of the seal plate I need to do. The program wouldn't run (99999300) to compensate for the seal plate resistance.

It seems like any data needed would have come in with the system software or the calibration program. Maybe the timer needs to be expired for the program to run correctly, I never tried it before I needed to. Are you getting the clean seal plate alarm? I don't think the original software that came with this machine even had the timer, no calibration program on the original disk.

1.I was getting the clean seal plate alarm.
2.Reloading the software clears the timers on the alarm page.
3. After you reset the the timers there is a procedure for calibrating the seal plate. Following that procedure a program, 99999300, is supposed to run to compensate for the resistance against the seal plate. It says in the procedures it runs for approx. 5 min.
4. The problem being that I get an alarm P277 and that program won't run.
5. This is the first time I've had to do this to this machine.

When I get the clean seal plate message I clean it and run 99999300... it doesn't take 5 minutes to run and it resets the timer. If the timer resets it worked. What problem did you have that you needed to reload the software?

I know this is an old thread, but was this issues ever figured out? I have the same issue of not being able to run the seal plate program 999993000 and get an P277 error which reads not seal plate data. Any help would be appreciated. I too had to recently load all my software again and have never had this problem.

Back