What's new
What's new

Sodick AD35L g24/g25 retraction control.

• Thread starter Luke.kerbey
  • Start date
  • Replies 3
  • Views 1,232
L

Luke.kerbey

I’m hoping someone can help me, this should be easy to answer but it’s got me stuck.

I’m doing some sparking in a tight space @45 degrees and can’t use the machines standard g24 retraction where it retracts outside of the machining path when difficult conditions occur. As I’ll hit the other side of my work piece.

I manually changed to g25 from g24 in the NC edit and my machine acknowledges this when running a simple NC generated program. And all is good in this instance.

However I’m also trying to stitch 2 programs together in the multi Machining but the multi machining won’t acknowledge my override in the NC edit.

My knowledge is limited on the multi machining software and the book hasn’t help me in this respect.

So, can anyone explain what I need to change or how I need to format the multi machining program in order to stop the G24 retractions?

Hi,

As I understand you make one machining in multi machining, you add one line "NC code" and than you make one more machining program?
Of course, the G25 will be erased with G24, which is automatically generated in your second "machining" program.
So I think you should check each subprograms NC code and exchange G24 to G25.
I'm also curious about this, so I will check monday when I have some time.

Eveningm

I have checked. So basicalla, your multimachinig program exist of Q”...” praogram calls, and additional nc codes.
For ex:

QLNA0003
Nc code...
QLNA0004
Etc...
So you will need to edit all your individual programs (LNA0003, LNA0004...), and use the replace function from g24 to g25.

Hi mark,

In the end i figured that because of the vector type I was using, I needed to use the edge orbits rather then the think orbits, this put a g25 in my program without intervention. Thanks for your help.

After I spoke to the Sodick programmers, they said that multi- machining is of seldom use and pointed me to a basic link program using Q commands that will allow me to work with programs consecutively and also acknowledge all the info in each LN PRO generated program.

Thanks for your help again, these Sodicks really have many more functions then any charmilles or agie I’ve ever come across!

Back