What's new
What's new

Sodick Die sinker EPOC-3

MrDerek

Plastic
Hi.
Need help.
I have an old Sodick die sinker and showing an error message states “electrode contact with work piece” but hasn’t. This renders operation useless. There is an over ride ST which allows the machine to move to what ever axis, but I cannot run a program due to this error.

Any help appreciated.
Cheers

I'm not familiar with sodick but you need to check for a short. Unhook main power wire from the head and see if the contact error goes away

Hi.
Need help.
I have an old Sodick die sinker and showing an error message states “electrode contact with work piece” but hasn’t. This renders operation useless. There is an over ride ST which allows the machine to move to what ever axis, but I cannot run a program due to this error.

Any help appreciated.
Cheers

I am not familiar with a die sinker but I do run a Sodick. Does is it use M and G code? For the wire M05 will disable sensor touch and allow it to move in either axis. Or you can always try just shutting it down and waiting a min to see if the alarm clears.

Thanks guys
I think it’s a short in the head.
Currently trying to find it.
Will report back soon.

Thanks again

Years back I bought an older Mits EDM. It was transported in January. After getting it up and running I had a constant short, ended up being condensation that filled the ceramic washers on the head. I literally blew the water out and voila!
Sometimes it can be something so ridiculous, good luck !

Back