What's new
What's new

Sodick mark xi floppy to usb converter issues

Eden777

Plastic
Hi everybody im new here because i have a big issue with a floppy converter in a SODICK MARK XI EDW, i bought a GOTEK converter to usb for the computer of the machine (NEC PC9801U), this machine use the floppy drive to charge the system and the user profiles to run, but my problem is i made the change but nothing happens the screen stay black all the time but the converter turns on and off the light of reading, in some point stops this blinking but nothing happen, so i have this problem and i don´t know if the files in my USB are ok, it´s a 520MB USB with FAT format and i was transfer the files with the CMD. so i don´t know whats wrong, if anybody made this change and could tell me please how can i fxed i will be glad with your help. Thank you :confused::confused::confused:

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I don't think these will work with your NEC PC9801 computer. I searched for a solution for several years for my Mark 11. I understand that the HxC emulators with a special VFO board to provide a special timing signal supposedly works. I've had no luck in finding a turn key solution from anyone. I do know a place that will rebuild them which is what I do every few years.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I don't think these will work with your NEC PC9801 computer. I searched for a solution for several years for my Mark 11. I understand that the HxC emulators with a special VFO board to provide a special timing signal supposedly works. I've had no luck in finding a turn key solution from anyone. I do know a place that will rebuild them which is what I do every few years.

Thank you for answer, i bought a converter since almost 4 years for the same machine and works fine it´s a PRL ELECTRONICS converter, i used for the user floppy and this time i bought this gotek converter for system floppy but now you know what problem i have, at first time i think in buying a PRL converter because i know it works fine but now its very expensive and i was looking for a cheaper option, but after your answer i think i don´t have a option. so you could try with this converter too. Thank you very much for the time.

Hi, please is your machine still operating? I need some help if you still have the pc9801 within your reach

Back