What's new

Sodick Moldmaker 5- Getting electrode touching part error

• Thread starter D. Thomas
  • Start date
  • Replies 5
  • Views 2,945
D

D. Thomas

1994 vintage with TX 22 control. Been sitting for a year, just now firing it up for the first time. In manual mode, when I go to jog an axis, I get aformentioned error each time. Then if I press ST on the hand control, to disable that function, and then try to jog, I get an axis overload error and it says to reset "heat" switch. Dunno how.

All ran perfectly a year ago before disconnect, both memory back up batteries still at full 3.6 volts.

Only thing different now is fire suppression system turned off, dialectric tank not hooked up, and no air hooked up (no tool changer or air chuck, so dunno why it would need air anyway), and a year has passed.

I booted up with the "system" disk and the "user data" disk and all seemed fine computer wise. There is a "install" disk that I didn't use...wonder if it needs that ? Paramenters seem to be in place.

Is the problem when you jog a specific axis or all the axes give you this problem?

My inital thought is that there is a short from the ram to the table. The heat switch thing sound like Japanese jibberish for the power is on.

I have no sodick experience, but from my EDM experience, these would be my guesses.

If you can provide further details, maybe I can pin point it for you if no one eles solves it before hand.

Todd, all axis give the same problem. I tried disconnecting the big wire to the Z axis electrode fixture and still got the same error.

Interesting Metal, I'll hook up the air then. I did solve the "ST" problem by simply turning on the fire suppessant system. This solved the electrode touching part error.

Sheesh, why are CNC machines so "stupid" in that the error codes one gets are so often completely unrelated to what is really wrong.

Back