What's new
What's new

Sodick Wire Burner AQ327L give "Wire Guide is Open" Error message on contact.

Btriquetra

Plastic
Sodick Wire Burner AQ327L give "Wire Guide is Open" Error message on contact.

Hey guys, I've been having a lot of trouble with this wire burner lately and I'm hoping you can help me out.
I'm working with a Sodick AQ327L and every time I start a new program and the wire makes contact with the part it trips a "Wire Guide is Open" Error message. At that point, I usually just hit ENTER and it starts running and runs just fine for the entire program.
Just recently though, the burner has been burning a few thousands of an inch off. It has been acting as if I touched off on a zero corner in a sightly different location. Last time it was off .010 on the Y and .003 on the X.
I cant help but wonder if the two are related. If anyone help me out with this I would greatly appreciate it.

If your part is magnetized it will give wire guide is open message. If your guides are dirty they wont close entirely and give you the guide open message. If this is the case you would get poor edge finding as well.

Hey guys, I've been having a lot of trouble with this wire burner lately and I'm hoping you can help me out.
I'm working with a Sodick AQ327L and every time I start a new program and the wire makes contact with the part it trips a "Wire Guide is Open" Error message. At that point, I usually just hit ENTER and it starts running and runs just fine for the entire program.
Just recently though, the burner has been burning a few thousands of an inch off. It has been acting as if I touched off on a zero corner in a sightly different location. Last time it was off .010 on the Y and .003 on the X.
I cant help but wonder if the two are related. If anyone help me out with this I would greatly appreciate it.

Check your conductivity pieces too, they might need cleaned and moved. Also if your AWT cut bin is full, I've seen in some cases where pieces of wire can get hung up in the threader.

Back