What's new
What's new

System 3r 3r-272hp leveling adapter, adjustment screw issues.

nlancaster

Aluminum
Hello,

The shop I started work in 2 months ago uses 2 System 3r 3R-272hp leveling adapters for holding certain parts while cutting.

3R-272HP, Levelling adapter, WEDM - System 3R - The leading supplier of productivity-enhancing tools and methods for the Manufacturing industry

both adapters have one adjustment screw, the same one, that is super tight and hard to adjust. Moving with a stick slip type movement.

Making fine leveling adjustments very very hard.

We have tried cleaning the screws, even a bit of anti sieze for the threads to no avail.

Does anyone know or have access to any documentation that might point to what we are either doing wrong or maintanece we need to perform on them?

Yeah, I have been looking for directions on how to disassemble. I have had all the screws I can find out, and still it will not come apart. Even an exploded view line drawing would help.

Hello,

The shop I started work in 2 months ago uses 2 System 3r 3R-272hp leveling adapters for holding certain parts while cutting.

3R-272HP, Levelling adapter, WEDM - System 3R - The leading supplier of productivity-enhancing tools and methods for the Manufacturing industry

both adapters have one adjustment screw, the same one, that is super tight and hard to adjust. Moving with a stick slip type movement.

We have tried cleaning the screws, even a bit of anti sieze for the threads to no avail.

Does anyone know or have access to any documentation that might point to what we are either doing wrong or maintanece we need to perform on them?

I use a similar fixturing system and have had the same problem in the past. What I found to be the problem, was that the leveling bolt was maxed out and did not have much room to make the adjustments needed. Also the leveling bolt threads were starting to bind up causing it to stick and not allow for fine adjustment, so i replaced the bolt. Taking apart the fixture can be difficult, you should be able to contact 3R and they will supply you with an assembly drawing. good luck

All we use are 3r tooling. We have both styles of leveling heads. I have had mine completely apart, usually after the guys have over tightened the screws and stripped the screws or routine maintenance. Tip: when you do take the two screws and the washers out put them back in the same way, they are shaped a certain way to level the head.

Hello,

emailed GF Machine tools and they sent me the assembly drawings, pretty easy to disassemble now that I know where the hidden screws are!

Anyone know a safe lubricant to use inside the leveling head?

Back