System 3R CNC ORBI-cut

• Thread starter Luke.kerbey
  • Start date
  • Replies 3
  • Views 2,791
L

Luke.kerbey

Hi,

Has anyone got the set up manual for a system 3R CNC ORBI-cut?

I’ve been tasked with getting a dormant unit up and running, I have no previous experience with the CNC version or it’s programming.

Any help will be appreciated!

Hey Luke, I'm not sure if you already got the info you need, considering you posted your question back in March.
Do you have the model of the Orbiter in question? I might have the manual, but there were several versions of this unit, so I want to be sure to get you the correct version.

Cheers for the reply, in the end I found the manual and set it up,
after being told that it didn’t work, and getting the whole war and peace about how the guy who fixed it is useless.... there was nothing wrong with it... yet the bloke who claimed it was broke still won’t admit he was wrong!

Bumping this 5 year old thread as we're in need of an operator's manual or tips for our System 3R mechanical ( non cnc ) Orbi-Cut model 551.1 year 1991 build attachment. Bought this years ago used and have finally gotten around to installing it on our Charmilles Form 20 manual EDM machine. It does run but need to know what the red and black leads are for and how to interface with the machine itself ? As well it has this long 6.0mm rod that runs through it which seems to trip a micro-switch when a preset depth or height is attained. Ben scouring the web for info coming up blank. Our EDM service tech has contacted Europe and is hoping for a reply but decided to post here too. Would be willing to purchase said manual.

Back