What's new
What's new

System 3R Tooling / Charmilles D10

preachinpilot

Aluminum
I have a D10 almost up and running. I need a catalog of 3r tooling from the 80's when this was manufactured. I just need to see what components I have, need , and how to use them. I also am trying to learn how to mount graphite and copper electrodes to holders. Making makers stamps. Any ideas and or info appreciated.

You need a current 3R catalogue. They haven’t changed much in 40 years and all new gear is compatible with old.

What systems do you have? 20mm diameter stems? Macro pallets?

The mounting can be done many ways, solder, screwing and doweling

I have a very nice 3R Manual C-Axis Indexing Holder. 3R-321.65, 8 fixed index positions every 45 degrees with Vernier Scale and flushing connection. This came off a D10.
350.00+ shipping. I do not have the electro magnetic hookup.
spaeth

Attachments

• DSCN2256.jpg
    DSCN2256.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 145
  • DSCN2257.jpg
    DSCN2257.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 120
  • DSCN2258.jpg
    DSCN2258.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 144
  • DSCN2259.jpg
    DSCN2259.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 137
  • DSCN2260.jpg
    DSCN2260.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 120
i have the electrode holders tht are about 3 inches with flats on 2 sides.and magnetic chuck plus I have some tooling that is larger round. i wanted to use 20mm posts and have a separate magnetic chuck but it is different size base . Dont have them in front of me so I cant measure. I will upload some pics so you can identify what ive collected.

Mini

I have the mini magnetic chuck Some of my holders are 2 different sizes, and yes when i start making some money with the machine I will buy the adapter or a new chuck for the new style tooling. wheww!

Okay cool, there should be a combination of parts and adapters so you can mount the magnetic head on to the machine head. Then the chuck sticks to the magnet. I’m assuming the magnetic chuck has the M6 hydraulic screw to hold in the 20mm stems?

Copper can be attactched to the 20mm stems in any way your imagination sees fit really. I most commonly use stems with a ground flat front and a M6 tapped hole that I grub screw copper on to that is pre machined with a register, then clock in the register on the machine.

Other ways I’ve used have been steps milled on the side with a perpendicular screw for blade electrodes. 1/2 bores with grub screws to hold 1/2 stock. Slots ground across that locate on pre machined copper. Soldered lumps of copper.

Thanks all. Got the hyd system purged and so far everything works. The g
Hyd cylinder is sealed but I have a problem,,,,, the switch that moves the hyd cylinder up and down is toasted. To my dismay when I removed the switch front I saw a plastic switch I'd never seen before.w.i need a replacement switch. Does the switch and tumbler come as one piece of can I hopefully find the tumbler. Industrial 1987.

So this is a chuck right. I have this chuck on my ramminus the scale. I also have tool holders for diff size rounds but large and small. I'll post some pics today if I can.

So my swich for the ram is toast. Broken actually. Got to the point of testing the ram and nothing because the swich is shot. The knob on the microfin don't want to come off and so anybody got ideas for the removal of same. Worst case I break the, off and replace the switch and knob.

Back