What's new
What's new

table locks?

ryone

Plastic
It is time for our Mitsubishi 110SZ to go. going to get it ready to ship and I can't find the table locks. To be truthfull, i'm not even sure what they look like. Anyone have any info on them, or better yet a picture?
Thanks in advance for any help.

I just Googled it and see it's an CNC EDM machine. Many CNC machine do not have locks. Give Mitsubishi a call ask them what the proper way to transport the machine. Many times we put a block of wood under the head stock and pressing down on the table. I always tell the trucking company "air ride" and "tarped".

I just Googled it and see it's an CNC EDM machine. Many CNC machine do not have locks. Give Mitsubishi a call ask them what the proper way to transport the machine. Many times we put a block of wood under the head stock and pressing down on the table. I always tell the trucking company "air ride" and "tarped".

yes it is.
If I remember right it has locks for the X,Y,Z axis. They are yellow, and I have a pile of locks for many machines, a lot of them being yellow as well.
Just wondering if someone has a picture or drawing of them to help me identify them. I've shipped a bunch of machines so I know the importance of working with a good trucking co.

yes it is.
If I remember right it has locks for the X,Y,Z axis. They are yellow, and I have a pile of locks for many machines, a lot of them being yellow as well.
Just wondering if someone has a picture or drawing of them to help me identify them. I've shipped a bunch of machines so I know the importance of working with a good trucking co.

Contact Mits, I think they have drawings for them. Have you started tearing down the machine yet? I know when I was working for Mits I would usually hide the table locks inside a panel somewhere so they would not be lost.

It is an absolute MUST to install locks on the X/Y or the table will smash the lower head. Do NOT "block" the Z axis like many riggers do (run the Z into a block of wood on the table to hold everything). You will destroy the U/V axis.

Contact Mits, I think they have drawings for them. Have you started tearing down the machine yet? I know when I was working for Mits I would usually hide the table locks inside a panel somewhere so they would not be lost.

It is an absolute MUST to install locks on the X/Y or the table will smash the lower head. Do NOT "block" the Z axis like many riggers do (run the Z into a block of wood on the table to hold everything). You will destroy the U/V axis.

I called MITZ and they sent me a PDF so that I can make my own.:angry:
I am going to look again for the original ones (now that I know what I'm looking for.)
Do you by chance remember where to position the X,Y,Z axis to line up with the table locks?

thanks for your time,
Ryan

sure

Care to share the PDF? Might have to move one myself, shortly. Thanks.

110szXaxis.jpg

110szYaxis.jpg

Just had a DWC110SZ that was dimantled and packed by a company, and loaded on a truck and send to me. It has a block under the Z. (Came about 100 miles on an air ride) So what kind of drama am I looking at now? Are there block plates for the Z? The pics attached only showed X and Y... so Im wondering how the Z should have been handled.

Wade

Just had a DWC110SZ that was dimantled and packed by a company, and loaded on a truck and send to me. It has a block under the Z. (Came about 100 miles on an air ride) So what kind of drama am I looking at now? Are there block plates for the Z? The pics attached only showed X and Y... so Im wondering how the Z should have been handled.

Wade

Oh boy... < shudder > I've been here. You're in for some fun, for sure, now. Even if it survived without damage you now have to go through every bit of it to find out. See my reply to your other post.

Ever get that sick to your stomach feeling? yeah... Im about there... and to top if off, I dont know a darn thing about these things yet... (as can be seen in my other post about hooking it up)

The Table was locked, so at least that is good... but no idea what Ill be looking at/for in the U/V to know if its good or bad or what.

Well, hopefully I get some info from the previous owner about where all the cables were disconnected from. I think I have a good idea roughly where they go, but no markings, and 5 connectors are the same (from the X,y,Z, and UV servo drives (guessing they go to the control board on the top, but there are I think 7 identical connectors, and only one labeled as hand pendent, the rest are un marked, and have 5 cables to fill the 7 spots... unless one from the machine to the control goes there.

Arg...

Oh I already have... trust me... :D But what I didnt account for is the paid company that palletized it, to do something that is bad juju...
Oh well... Ill battle through, or give up... and Im pretty hard headed :D

Wade

You should be OK for the Z axis, I think from memory there is a brake on the motor, so if the original owner didn't drive it too hard into the block and the other axes were locked up, I'd give it a go.

You should be OK for the Z axis, I think from memory there is a brake on the motor, so if the original owner didn't drive it too hard into the block and the other axes were locked up, I'd give it a go.

Makrep- Purely an academic question here - My understanding of it is that the powered axes ( ie, servo driven ) have magnetic brakes so that all retain position when powered down, but that the UV axes are step motor driven and are very averse to ( and easily damaged from ) being loaded like what happens when people lower the head onto a block of wood and then bounce the machine around during transit. Is this not correct with the OP's machine?

From memory the only axis on the SZ machine that has a brake is the Z axis, that is why the X and Y axes are locked to the casting. the U and V axes are driven by a DC motor that is indeed small, but it goes through a massive gear train, maybe 50:1 . I think the problem that people may have with blocking, is the guideways being damaged as they are only small (rollers between guide rails are approx 3mm diameter) and we have seen that they damage the 2 opposed V rails (denting caused by rollers being harder than the rails), we have also seen this if a customer crashes the Z axis into the job. Hence the new machine models having "crash protection" (monitoring current levels on motor).

Back