What's new
What's new

Taper cutting on a Mitsubishi FX10

JTknives

Plastic
I have FX10 and I need to cut a part contour with back angle relief around all features. Like on a punch and die. My friend runs wires and said use G51 and G52 but on a mits I don't think that controls taper. I know I can manually control U and V but he said there was a way to just turn taper on so I just input my program and it will apply the proper angle direction to the different areas of the contour.. Wondering if any one had some advice. Thanks guys.

Hello,

I am new to wire EDM and I am having the same issue with taper and land on a die insert. I know I can plop an "A" command in but I don't know how to have it give me the right land for the die. I program and operate a Mitsubishi fx20k. I use camworks edm pro and solidworks.

Look in the Auxiliary Manual under taper tab. It shows you how to set your Z1, Z2, and Z5 and that is how you calculate the land with the part size and fixture height with it to give you the correct settings. Once you do the taper cut, as you run each skim cut you will see the land come into size. I had trouble with adjusting the land as well. I found using 0.1 or 0.2 to be a good amount. I have Mits FX10 and FX20K and now MV2400S

Tvalen1432

Back