What's new
What's new

Taper settings on Fanuc Robotcut @-0A

tlmkr38

Aluminum
having a problem cutting tapers on this machine. New to it all and am learning but... I cut one on a test piece one time but it didn't cut like I wanted. As in it set the taper on the first move which was one I needed the taper to be set before cutting it. I've since learned how to go about that but now the only way I can get it to cut one is on Mode 10 with me programming the U,V. The last one I used Mode 1 and just added a G52 Code and it worked but now I'm getting a Error 40 code which is programming I think.

Gonna post pictures of my program and the settings and ask if someone will look at it and tell me what I have wrong. I'm sure it is something simple but I'm just not finding it. I've got the books and from what I can see it is written right and the taper info is correct. 272156545_503961537721192_1083180572630848351_n.jpg271542338_1544884102561052_2331218244780876228_n.jpg

I see a couple weird things, I'm not sure if any of them are the actual problem.

If you are running in absolute your G90 should be at the top of the program before your G92, I'm not sure why you have it at the end.

You are not running with any tool offset. I'm not sure if this is intentional. Your approach line should be something like G01 G41 G52 Y.125 T3.0 D01, and you need a G40 and G50 on your leadout line to cancel.

On your taper settings, I usually set the thickness in the direction of the taper. So if your program place is at the top of the plate (.750), set your thickness to -.750 as the taper is going minus from there. Technically it doesn't really matter but it can affect how the machine thinks the taper will end up looking. Make sure you put the same settings in your graph parameters.

The oldest Fanuc I've worked on was an 0b, so maybe it's different, but that Upper Guide number doesn't looks right. I could be wrong but I think there's a different way of setting that, not just setting it .008 off the part like you have there.

The G90 was left over as I was using G91 and took it out but forgot to take the G90 out that reset it. I will try it at the top before the G92 and see. There's no real thing I can find in the book about where it should go.

I have tried this same program with G41 offset in it and a line for G40 and G50 at the end and I get the same error. I had actually thought that might have been the problem over the weekend and tried it to no avail. I'm gonna add the approach line that you put in and try that also. I'm know it's something I'm not doing right, just gotta figure it out :) Thanks!

Back