What's new
What's new

Threading Issue

JZ.

Aluminum
SODICK AQ537L
I've never really had much trouble with the AWT on my machine. Lately I've noticed that sometimes after the wire cut the wire seems likes it is has so much back tension. When it proceeds to the next thread position and the pipe tube goes down it fails to take the wire with it, or sometimes there is just barley enough wire down thru the tube to get it started threading. Ive adjusted my water pressure while threading and made sure the pipe tube is in good condition. Before I start tweaking settings if anyone has some ideas or suggestions that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You!

is your connect type at 01 or 02? If set to 01 the little arm that pinches the wire may have a groove in it. This causes the wire to slip through it and not pull it down with the pipe. We have our machines set at 02 "high speed threading" seems to work the best.

is your connect type at 01 or 02? If set to 01 the little arm that pinches the wire may have a groove in it. This causes the wire to slip through it and not pull it down with the pipe. We have our machines set at 02 "high speed threading" seems to work the best.

Thank you! I will check and see what it is at and if I have a groove.

I am new to EDM and have been running, with assistance, 2 Sodick AG600L, they have the same problem as the OP.

Sometimes the wire will not come down with pipe. Our connect setting is currently set to "2" high speed threading.

And if left overnight after finishing a part light out, the wire may become unthreaded from all pulleys.

This sounds like a back tension issue. Are you using a jumbo spool or standard spools of wire?

Another thing that could be causing these issues is your Tension Roller. If it has a deep groove the wire will slip through it.

Standard spool of wire, .010 zinc coated.

There is a groove in the tension rollwer, we tried moving the pulley to a non grooved position, same issues.

your tension settings should be for an 11 lbs spool...

Standard AWT Backten = 80
STD. Wire Broken Backten = 65
Standard Thread Backten = 80

add 10 to these for 18-22lbs spools.

You may need to reduce you Standard AWT Backten 78-75.

Hope this helps.

JZ... have you resolved your threading issue??

Shane030173...Sorry for the delayed response, we shut down for the holiday.
I was able to resolve the threading issue. My tube setting was set at 02 so that was good. I did tweak my threading conditions a little, things seem to be going well. Thanks

Back